I recently purchased a used DMG and was surprised the previous owner included an asm backlight panel. I'm brand new to this.

I just installed it using the tutorial here: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- … e-Boy-DMG/

The bottom left of the screen is blinding as you can see by this picture. The contrast is also pretty bad and uneven: http://i.imgur.com/J7fx5jd.jpg?1

Is this just the nature of these cheap panels? Or is it a pressure thing from screwing the circuit board to the case? I'm worried I might have damaged the positive contact on the panel when soldering.

--edit--

I just realized I didn't have the polarization film oriented correctly. I had it inverted:

Maybe this will help

--edit--

Yep, I'm an idiot. Nothing to see here folks...

Last edited by microt (Feb 18, 2016 8:29 am)

New Zealand

Hey at least you didn't rip off the reflective layer of the backlight, replace it with sticker paper, and then also break the ribbon connection to get a horizontal line on the DMG screen like I did on my first try :-P

LOL. Yeah, lessons learned. It's all fun though smile

I also put those foam pieces back behind the light panel -- the bottom left corner is better, but it still seems like there's an uneven amount of pressure there. When the screen is off, that area is pinkish.

But this is coming from someone who just disassembled like 10 times tonight to remove single dust particles...

Austin, TX

You could try bi-verting the screen to increase the contrast, or just flip the polarized filter, and go into LSDJ's settings to flip the invert the pixels back again.

For some reason, inverting the polarization increases the contrast.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:17 am)

Apeshit wrote:
microt wrote:

I also put those foam pieces back behind the light panel -- the bottom left corner is better, but it still seems like there's an uneven amount of pressure there. When the screen is off, that area is pinkish.

you should take those out, you're just adding excessive unnecessary pressure.

Yeah, I don't know what my thought process was there. I removed them last night and loosened the screws holding the board a bit--everything looks good now!