Off the coast of Florida

I wanted a name with a sea animal involved. Thats about it tongue

Plymouth, UK

2xAA Batteries exploded in my hand.
I thought that was fun big_smile

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

My name is Michael DuFault and some people call me Michael D. or Mike D., thus MicroD!

i like pretty lights (monome, launchpad) = luma
and the droid thingy is just kinda random big_smile

Italy

A friend of mine had an old tube radio and it had a button with the lable "rumpelfilter" (which means something like rumblefilter). We never really understood what the point of the button was (it wasn't doing anything audible) but I suppose it was to suppress noise. Anyway, the lable was so stupid I thought it would make a good name... though I'm starting to wonder if it really is a good name, I'm thinking about changing it...

philly

my name came from this video game called MAUER which was released in 1890 before there were tv's.... the game was designed by nikola tesla who apparently could see into the future

alex is just my regular first name

Westfield, NJ
lumadroid wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

The brand name Droid is a trademark of Lucasfilm.

Can you believe that Verizon pays a lot of money to Lucasfilm to use the name "Droid?" Source.

lolusa
alex_mauer wrote:

my name came from this video game called MAUER which was released in 1890 before there were tv's.... the game was designed by nikola tesla who apparently could see into the future

alex is just my regular first name

i swear you have a different story every time

Wellington, New Zealand

My name is the combination of my two favorite foods. Apricots and corn. Thus, I created a word called apricorn.

Anahiem, CA

there used to be an old TV show called ghostwriter. My sister, cousin, and I loved that show. In the show, they way they would call everyone together for a meeting or a party, they would write the world RALLY then the first letter of their name. So in my case, it would be RALLY J.

Sweden

I'm kind of a slowpoke, and my rl name is Robin

Decktonic wrote:
lumadroid wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

The brand name Droid is a trademark of Lucasfilm.

Can you believe that Verizon pays a lot of money to Lucasfilm to use the name "Droid?" Source.

does that mean i have to pay lucasfilm money?

stupid corporations ._.

Melbourne, Australia
Apricorn wrote:

My name is the combination of my two favorite foods. Apricots and corn. Thus, I created a word called apricorn.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Apricorn
Just another pokemon name!
Jk

And my name, is just random letters from a button mash many years ago.

Wellington, New Zealand

yerp, just another pokemon name, but i thought ant1 was creative when he thought of the apricot + corn...

Godzilladelph
BRKCOREKID wrote:

Well I recently saw this thread on 8bc, and I wanted to bring it here! So how did you get your name? I got mine because I like breakcore and I'm still young.

i got my name by stealing other people's music, making an album out of it, and then complaining that i stole music from myself

The Hollow Earth

My SN comes from my project of the same name. I am interested in anything going on underground, real or imagined (especially hollow earth theories.)