Edmonton, Alberta

My debut Chiptune EP, "Boundarymen: Volume I", has just gone live. It's 28 minutes of progressive chiptune goodness. Best of all, it's absolutely free, unless you feel like my album is worth something. Unlike my single release which dropped last week, the music for this album is -- I feel -- much more digestible and in bite-sized chunks.

"Boundarymen Volume I is not only my debut EP. It is the first part of the retro video game soundtrack I've always dreamed of writing! It started out as a feverish attempt to write something in the style of old Konami and Capcom games for the NES, but it soon developed into an album that reflects my own spirit and tastes as an aspiring composer. I hope you enjoy this album and the several releases that are soon to come."

Last edited by hoffman_iv (Feb 25, 2016 9:48 pm)

Nomad's Land

Very enjoyable release, and pretty damn well composed! Big thumbs up from me wink

Edmonton, Alberta

Thank you, irrilichtproject! An update, if anybody's interested: Boundarymen Volume I was recently reviewed by Kuma Bronx of Chiptunes = WIN fame and he had some very poignant things to say of the album! You can find his review of my EP (and another release by Otherman records, which warrants a looksie) here!

Melbourne, Australia

Enjoyed this a lot!

Edmonton, Alberta

Thank you, Panda Chan! If you haven't already, I encourage you to check out Flight of Shirodeyaru which is posted on my Bandcamp as well, which -- when combined with Boundarymen Volume I -- makes 34 minutes ish of Famitracker goodness.

Melbourne, Australia

I'll definitely look into it then! Can never have too much Famitracker to be honest wink

Chicago, IL

Very nice.

Edmonton, Alberta

Thanks, BeatScribe! big_smile