Unsubscribe

Thats another argument for nicer mixers, they have balanced outputs! No more shitty di's!

York, Yorkshire

I am definately leaning toward the Soundcraft.  Just torn between the 8 or the 12 channel.  The 8 is a better size for gigging. But 12 is more useful.

Decisions, decisions!

EDIT : Hubba Hubba

Last edited by BitPop (Jul 6, 2010 2:41 pm)

New York City

After a lot of thought I think I would go for the Mackie if I was you. It will last you a looooooooooooooooong time, on-stage and off it.

IL, US
herr_prof wrote:

Thats another argument for nicer mixers, they have balanced outputs! No more shitty di's!

truth! fuck yeah, XLR outputs
and yeah, if the proFX12 is close to the quality of other mackie's its a good deal, and should last years and years of gigs

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

i just got the behringer xenyx 802 this weekend.
i probably played with it for 2 days straight. it's an
awesome little machine. the knobs are very nice,
and have that tactile little feedback that says they are
are 50%, which i really liked. the sound was awesome.
the 3-band EQs were really nice. all and all it was a
great buy for only $60 (shipped). so i would think the
larger version would be just as nice.

Central-ish VA
Dot.AY wrote:

I am considering one of these I know 10k has one... much hardier than most and a 5year warranty also kinda light which is something to think about

http://www.yamahamusic.com.au/products/ … g/MG82.asp

Currently I have some Ashton thing that is basically a Xenyx clone it works but is shit

If I could toss an opinion in, I've got the Yamaha MG102C (basically an MG82 with another channel as opposed to that effects thing) and love the machine to death.  It's a real sturdy system that does its job well, I've taken it all around without any issues.

Abandoned on Fire
xero wrote:

i just got the behringer xenyx 802 this weekend.
i probably played with it for 2 days straight. it's an
awesome little machine. the knobs are very nice,
and have that tactile little feedback that says they are
are 50%, which i really liked. the sound was awesome.
the 3-band EQs were really nice. all and all it was a
great buy for only $60 (shipped). so i would think the
larger version would be just as nice.

Anybody know of a mixer in this range (size and input wise) with FX sends that are pre-fader or switchable?  Post-fader sends aren't useful for me or the 802 would be perfect.  sad

Unsubscribe

The 802 IS switchable:

http://www.mackie.com/home/showimage.ht … 02VLZ3.jpg

its right by the aux send knob!

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

The 802 IS switchable:

http://www.mackie.com/home/showimage.ht … 02VLZ3.jpg

its right by the aux send knob!

I was referring to the Behringer 802 but now that you've pointed out that feature on the Mackie I may reconsider how much I'm willing to spend.

EDIT for mini-rant:  Manufacturers should really have a line of full featured mixers with no mic pres.  I hate the idea that I'm paying for ZOMGhighqualityprofessionalbritishmakesthemusicforyou components that I'll most likely never even test.  tongue

Last edited by egr (Jul 6, 2010 8:21 pm)

Milan, Italy
egr wrote:

EDIT for mini-rant:  Manufacturers should really have a line of full featured mixers with no mic pres.  I hate the idea that I'm paying for ZOMGhighqualityprofessionalbritishmakesthemusicforyou components that I'll most likely never even test.  tongue

Just use a Dj-Mixer then. smile
I dont like them only because they're more expensive. eheh

Abandoned on Fire
arottenbit wrote:
egr wrote:

Same problem except with turntable amps.  >.<

IL, US
egr wrote:
arottenbit wrote:

Same problem except with turntable amps.  >.<

and good luck finding one with 6-12 input channels

York, Yorkshire

I've spoken to a friend who works for one of the big online music resellers - he has emphatically warned me against getting a Behringer.  He says they get more complaints and returns about them than any other manufacturer.  He was really, really adamant - don't get one. 

Still, the price tag is so tempting big_smile

EDIT : I have a Behringer headphone amp, it's 12 months old and one of the pots failed this week.  I think it's a sign....

Last edited by BitPop (Jul 7, 2010 8:51 am)

York, Yorkshire
akira^8GB wrote:

After a lot of thought I think I would go for the Mackie if I was you. It will last you a looooooooooooooooong time, on-stage and off it.

Yeah...after cooling off a little, I think the only one I can justify spending the cash on is the cheaper one, which doesn't have good enough FX unit, I'd end up getting an outboard eventually.

Soundcraft is still looking the favourite.  Just wish a couple of those channels were stereo to get a smaller footprint...

York, Yorkshire

Well, that was disappointing.  I just went to a local music store and they had a similar Soundcraft desk in.  It was shit. The knobs were all grindy and the faders were sticking.   I think it must have been kicked around the warehouse a few times sad

Abandoned on Fire
BitPop wrote:

Well, that was disappointing.  I just went to a local music store and they had a similar Soundcraft desk in.  It was shit. The knobs were all grindy and the faders were sticking.   I think it must have been kicked around the warehouse a few times sad

Surely that was a fluke... ?  I was about to post about the Soundcraft Notepad 102 which seems perfect for me (4 stereo and 2 mono, pre-fader sends):

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/product.aspx?pid=171