New York City

Red October is cool. It was created in a good moment, while touring Europe in 2008. So it's very train-powered. And it has the energy of live after live show with people rocking to the beat. I think you should give it a listen.

However it has not been too spread. Time to revert this sad situation.

To help spread this release which I think has not gone out there enough, I am releasing it in digital form and "donationware".
All the proceedings go toward the fund for my show in Blip Tokyo.
It's more than just traveling and paying for fuzoku. It's hours and hours of work on music, motion graphics, design, money on gear, shootings, filming, etc., since 2004!

Did I say a whole new live set is being prepared for Tokyo? Yes, it will be a world premiere and I hope pretty cool. It actually means something, it's not just random.

Do you have a Mac with a slot loading drive? Now you can forget about 3" CDs, digital works with everything. You are the coolest.
And Bandcamp offers downloads in any format you want, from lowly MP3s to archival quality FLACs. Which one do you want?

You can listen to the whole thing, share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter... well, do what you want with it.
The bonus 5th track is still free for download.

http://8gbs.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for your support!

PS: Retinascan sucks. tongue

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jul 6, 2010 2:54 pm)

New York City

YOU WANT MORE????????????????????
Boy you are demanding! That's OK.

Cooliado, a cool bog about music, just made a mini interview with me and I gave them a previously unreleased track so everyone that reads can download it.
It's a remix of my tune Piolaboy, which I made with my friends Faun and released through the super-hype label ZIZEK RECORDS.
The remix I made for Retrigger's Yeah, which was released on Jason Forrest's (a.k.a. DJ Donna Summer) label COCK ROCK DISCO is there too.

Go fetch:
http://cooliado.blogspot.com/2010/07/ki … temas.html

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jul 6, 2010 2:56 pm)

Nicely done artwork smile

New York City
ascii wrote:

Nicely done artwork smile

That's just 1/11th of the complete artwork.
The release on Bandcamp includes all the artwork as originally designed for the Retinascan 3"series.

Minneapolis

OK, I'm going to check this out. It'll probably be a while before my download speeds will actually give me something to listen to.

EDIT: It's good folks. Very good. Turn your subs up. Akira here is being very modest and IMO, very patient with you peeps. This album is awesome enough that he really deserves to be able to break into your house, steal five dollars from you, and force you to listen to it. And when he got done you'd shake his hand and thank him.

Last edited by arfink (Jul 6, 2010 1:02 am)

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Dope.

Will be purchasing when not on my work computer.

New York City
arfink wrote:

EDIT: It's good folks. Very good. Turn your subs up. Akira here is being very modest and IMO, very patient with you peeps. This album is awesome enough that he really deserves to be able to break into your house, steal five dollars from you, and force you to listen to it. And when he got done you'd shake his hand and thank him.

*sets course to arfink's house*

Thanks a lot for your comments smile
Please don't forget to nab the free tune from the Cooliado blogspot!

I really want this album to get out there.
I invested a lot of time and effort in making it, both musically and visually.
However, it passed by almost unnoticed.
The deal with Retina(nal)scan was so dud I didn't even get a single copy shipped to me of the original album.

Let's try to let it spread around before I make the new one.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jul 6, 2010 2:57 pm)

Philly, PA, USA

been waiting for this to happen. the mini cd format it was originally released on doesn't play nice with mac cd drives sad

i love it, will be my soundtrack for the next while.

also yeah, this artwork is fucking amazing, thanks for including all the insides and everything with the download

New York City

Thank you pixls. Your Mac can now enjoy my release without choking on a 3" disc tongue
Don't forget to nab the free tune at the Cooliado blog, it's bass-tastic
http://cooliado.blogspot.com/2010/07/ki … temas.html

Philly, PA, USA

already done, as soon as i saw those i had to grab them from my phone!

and yeah, i learned the hard way about 3" discs in my mac. a good half hour with paper clips and shaking the computer...

Unsubscribe

I bought it, because im a cool dude. You should be one too.

Finland

Bought! Good luck to funding your trip!

NYC

bought and wont stop listening

Im jamming like Henry Homesweet at the moment big_smile

Tacoma WA

Holy Fucking Awesome.

Now where do we buy the I heart 8GB bumper stickers.

infradead wrote:

Holy Fucking Awesome.

Now where do we buy the I heart 8GB bumper stickers.

I was wondering that too wink