killadelphia

Someone asked me about this the other day and i had to send them to 8bc - i would rather send them here.

1. Get the GensKmod

2. Run ROM

3. In the File Browser...  CPU>Debug>Genesis>SoundYM2612

4. Select your channel

5. Hit Dump Channel

6. You get a .y12 file

7. Open the .y12 file as an Instrument in TFM

Some instruments have effects applied to them so they may not sound exact...  Also, don't dump an unused channel silly!  I sometimes use ripped instruments as a starting point... but i usually wind up modifying the envelopes... sometimes they have infinite sustain or other things you may not want...  remember don't use the SSG-EG in TFM - i think its only supported for the ZX spectrum.

This might get some noobs using some FM [which i am all for].  After looking at the instruments you might have a better understanding of how to make your own...  sometimes a scratch instrument is needed so don't go too preset happy~!  tongue  More Sega Musicians = AWESOME!

Last edited by animalstyle (Jul 5, 2010 8:39 pm)

Chicago IL

is it weird that my netbook can't use TFM without sounding like shit?

Saskrotch wrote:

is it weird that my netbook can't use TFM without sounding like shit?

TFM clicks like crazy on any computer. I think there's a way to fix it by using some DLL or something like that.

Chicago IL

ohhh okay. cause when i hit play on one of the demo tracks it sounds like everything's run through a really spastic tremelo

Russia, Moscow

Check help file, 'Starter guide' section.

killadelphia

Naw dudes - It's your buffer probably > goto the Editor Tab and mess around with the buffer count and size - usually it's the size.

))<>((

Up until now I had no idea how you made your awesome Sega tunes. I love me some FM, but FM8 and the DX7 don't have that Sega sound. tongue

I'm definitely going to make some FM choons now. ;D

Chicago IL
animalstyle wrote:

Naw dudes - It's your buffer probably > goto the Editor Tab and mess around with the buffer count and size - usually it's the size.

awesome, got it