Hey guys. Got a fresh modded DMG from my man Justin at Thursday Customs. I'm finally ready to tinker with 2xLSDJ. So now I have a question; would this be an ideal mixer/usb interface for recording:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005EHILV … ref=plSrch

For whatever reason, I really don't like 1/8 or 1/4 jacks, I prefer RCA so as such both of my DMGs are RCA prosounded. I read thru some searches before posting here and learned that it is a massive no-no to use Y-splitters and the like. I'm glad I looked because I was honestly thinking of getting an RCA splitter to feed into the recording interface I use now which is the Behringer UCA222.

I'm venturing into territory I don't know here, but I assume the mixer I linked to above is what I would need because it has two sets of RCA inputs, and because it is USB connectable, I assume (if you guys think it will do the job) that I then record directly from this right? It would become my sound interface thus replacing the UCA222 right?

Thank you folks.

I highly recommend Focusrite interfaces for the price. I know you are a fan of RCA jacks, but these cables have always worked well for me regarding those: http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-HOS-CP … B000068O16

I don't recommend USB mixers like the one you posted, because many of them just sum everything to one single stereo bus (i.e. - they just work as a mixer with USB connectivity) - this basically meaning that you won't be able to adjust levels on each channel post-recording. If you shell out just a tiny bit more cash and get a multiple channel interface you might find your recording life a lot easier down the road. smile

IL, US

a few things to keep in mind about this one: only one stereo input has 3-band EQ & while used as an interface it sends the main output signal, not each channel separately (which is ok, just want to make sure you aren't expecting each game boy to be recorded as its own stereo wav file)
if neither one of those things bothers you, this should be fine

IL, US

lol, daniel with the simultaneous post

Detroit

I definitely would've gotten at LEAST a 2i8 if I could afford it at the time (and if the 2i4 wasn't on sale)

Madriz, Supain

as an owner of several of the hardware referenced in this post, i agree. Get a focusrite

Right on guys, I'll dig into that. I just don't really know too well what I'm doing. For example, I've tried recording and adjusting levels for individual channels but I never find the right balance, I don't like how it sounds and I'm aware it's my ineptitude. Instead I watch volumes in each LSDJ channel, record to Audacity, run my noise filter then do a little EQing and throw on a very tiny touch of reverb in some cases.

If I get an interface that is not USB feeding that individual signal, how do I get the audio to my computer?

As for that EQ on the device I linked from Amazon, I wouldn't even use that, I would've wanted to do the EQ on the computer. Anyway, i'll look closer at Focusrite for the moment. Thank you for the input fellas.

Last edited by bitpusher2600 (Apr 11, 2016 10:37 pm)

South Dakota, United States
bitpusher2600 wrote:

If I get an interface that is not USB feeding that individual signal, how do I get the audio to my computer?

I just use an RCA to 1/8" jack cable from my master out on my Numark DXM06(RCA) into my PC mic in(1/8" Jack) and it works really good for me.