Los Angeles

I still play games on my c64 every week it seems. Just wondering who else still uses the c64 for games not just music these days? (Emulation counts too!) smile

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jul 8, 2010 8:49 pm)

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

i wish i had a c64 that still worked. then i would do both...
ghosts & goblins was so good for the c64,
and i will destroy anyone at karate+!!! lol ;D

but on a related note, i do use my gameboy for both music + gaming.

IL, US

no, but id play "cave of the word wizard" or any of the EPYX sports games if someone wants to send me some floppies...

Milwaukee, WI

@e.s.c: I'm not even joking when I say that I *just* tossed my original copies of "cave of the word wizard" for c64 last week. I'll check to see if I have doubles.

FUUUUUUUUUU

Los Angeles

Why do you hate ESC so much? WHY>? lol wink

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jul 8, 2010 9:47 pm)

Los Angeles

Anyone play Bard's Tale 1-3, Dragon wars, or Wasteland?

York, Yorkshire

I've probably used my C64C more for games than anything else...it was the main reason for choosing the 1541U too, 100% compatability with fastloaders.   I managed to get one of those remade Competition Pro sticks too,  best stick ever, I can tell it's not as good as the original, but it's close cool

EDIT : Oh, and the best games ever would be Boulderdash, Airborne Ranger and Bionic Commando.

Last edited by BitPop (Jul 8, 2010 9:56 pm)

PDX, PDX
8bitweapon wrote:

I love wasteland.  I got into that after destroying the first 3 Fallouts.

Oh yeah... off topic but Fallout: New Vegas - Squeeeeeeee!

Los Angeles
mechlo wrote:
8bitweapon wrote:

I love wasteland.  I got into that after destroying the first 3 Fallouts.

Oh yeah... off topic but Fallout: New Vegas - Squeeeeeeee!

Cant wait for FNV! How far in Wasteland did you get?

New York City

Fuck playing games
big_smile

Godzilladelph

must... ignore... the trolling...

Godzilladelph

kind of a stupid question, but does anyone know how to program a game for c64?

I've written one or two, eg: http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=8703  C64 Basic is really slow for action games so you're better off with assembly.  (6510 is far easier to learn than z80 imo)   Failing that there are a few game making tools out there but they're very simple, for example Shoot'em-up construction kit.

Godzilladelph

that's awesome!

IL, US
RG wrote:

@e.s.c: I'm not even joking when I say that I *just* tossed my original copies of "cave of the word wizard" for c64 last week. I'll check to see if I have doubles.

FUUUUUUUUUU

hahaha, no shit? let me know if you do find another...i mean, its a horrible game in most ways, but that was actually the first video game i had, and theres something so damn creepy about that wizard's voice that i feel i need to experience again (and force my brother to as well)

If you want to get into c64 assembly I found this tutorial a good primer for the basics.  It's based around Turbo Assembler but it's far easier to use a crossdev one these days, such as DASM or KickAssembler

Oh what the heck, few more links:
Programmer's Reference Guide
Introduction to programming c64 demos
All about your 64.
C64 Codebase.  Has tutorials, example source and info on various things.