NY, US

No Longer Empty presents Never Can Say Goodbye, a month-long exhitbit at the former Tower Records location on Broadway in New York City. It is a celebration of record store culture and it's impact on popular music: there will be art installations, discussion panels, museum-style exhibits, and live music from Jan 16 - Feb 13. On January 30 2010 from 12-5PM musicians will be presented by The Antagonist Art Movement; representing chip music at the show will be the Bronx's own
DaPantz!

Never Can Say Goodbye

Saturday, Jan 30 2010
4th St and Broadway
New York NY 10003

All Ages
FREE

12PM Mystie Chamberlin
1245 TBA Writer
1PM DaPantz
145PM Lisa Jaeggi
230PM Richard Allen
245PM Bradley Dean
345PM Brother Mike
4PM All Up In Arms
5PM TBA

hosted by Julian Stockdale

Please note that schedules and artists are subject to change.

All January 30th Musicians Presented by
The Antagonist Art Movement
12-5 PM
All Ages
FREE

For more info on this event visit nolongerempty.org

from the No Longer Empty press release:
Never Can Say Goodbye
(at the former Tower Record Store)
4th street and Broadway
January 16- February 13, 2010
Wednesday to Sunday, 12pm to 7pm

On Friday, January 15, 2010, No Longer Empty  (NLE) will re-open the legendary Tower Records store on Broadway and 4th street with a multi-media art exhibition: Never Can Say Goodbye.

Spotlighting more than twenty artists that work with sound, light, and image, Never Can Say Goodbye recreates a fantasy version of the now defunct Tower Records with Never Records by Ted Riederer- an installation complete with record bins, album covers, music posters and a performance stage. Works by Meredyth Sparks, simultaneously critique and revere the flat glamour of icons such as David Bowie and half-nude eighties models. Artist Siebren Versteeg presents custom installations that re-invigorate the space with music memories and the pulse of his contemporary art practice. Ryan Brennan bounces sound through an eight-boom box installation offering an audio tour of Hip Hop. Other interactive installations celebrate the store’s historic role as the locus of the community-- the old way to meet people face to face and share music and information. 

Curated by Manon Slome, NLE; Steven Evans, Dia Art Foundation; Asher Remy-Toledo, NLE

Last edited by EMdash (Jan 10, 2010 9:15 pm)

The Bronx

Bronx, NY

Bronx, NY

Seriously though, this is going to be really cool, really interesting, tons of fun. Come on out for a pre-Pulsewave afternoon party!

After this show, I'm changing my name to XxXcLuSiVeBxPaPi4u2nv, so holla @ ur boi now.

Brooklyn, NY

I hope Julian brings his flip cam.

Bronx, NY

featuring an "8bit artist"!

NY, US
DaPantz wrote:

featuring an "8bit artist"!

argh show us your chipz blip man

New York, NY

Aww, I kinda miss Tower Records. And I can't believe a CD jewel case looks "old school" to me now. I plan to be there.
@XxXcLuSiVeBxPaPi4u2nv holla!
Sorry, jumped the gun.

Bronx, NY

I'll be so happy to see you there. Don't be sorry, you can holla anytime tongue