Sweden

I tried this once out of curiosity and it didn't work as far as I could tell, but I've had some great hallucinatory experiences with not-quite-white noise. Just tune your radio to outer space or put on some loud noisy music and lie down on a bed.

Once I set the first song of this on repeat, was half asleep, started hearing voices (while still being in a conscious enough state to reflect on how they weren't supposed to be there and to try to make sense from what they were saying) and got the sensation that my bed was spinning around, so I held onto the sides really hard and enjoyed the ride. At some point I must have been fully asleep, though, because I had a dream where I very slowly walked out and kissed my grandmother while everything was super bright and shaking (the spinning sensation sort of remaining).

When I woke up I felt super happy and refreshed, but I had a bad headache from having listened to the music loudly for an hour or so, my sheets were in a complete mess and I was sweaty like I'd had the worst nightmare ever.

A gray world of dread

The only album that lets me reproducibly wake up refreshed and relaxed when I sleep to it is Stars of the LId - ... and Their Refinement of the Decline. That feels amazing every time though.

Brooklyn, NY

There's an app for that.

Vienna

i rise to heaven with this one. hey....let`s...start an i-dose playlist.

Godzilladelph

i hear if you do that white noise trick while covering your eyes with ping pong ball halves and lying down, u can get the same feeling as being on lsd. apparently if u eliminate all sensory stimulations, your brain creates it's own aka trips the fuck out.

Philly
SKGB wrote:

i hear if you do that white noise trick while covering your eyes with ping pong ball halves and lying down, u can get the same feeling as being on lsd. apparently if u eliminate all sensory stimulations, your brain creates it's own aka trips the fuck out.

I couldn't think of the name of this, but my friends and I tried it in January.  It didn't work for me but supposedly I didn't do it for long enough.  Some of my friends started seeing things though.

uhajdafdfdfa

If you lie down on a bed and close your eyes for long enough, you can lose consciousness and go into a weird altered state, and at some times you may see images and sounds which are not real (!), and which you will have only a faint memory of after a few minutes of leaving this state. It's a really safe, legal way to get high. I do it every night.

Sweden

I hear that if you sleep for long enough and then wake up and open your eyes, there's a whole new dimension of sensations! It's extremely clear and lucid, and it will leave everlasting impressions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_deprivation

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:25 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

*edit* Personal information. Whoops.

Last edited by RG (Jul 18, 2010 2:01 pm)

killadelphia

mp3s are stupid > get the real thing.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=505049929208

brooklyn!
IAYD wrote:
µB wrote:

The only album that lets me reproducibly wake up refreshed and relaxed when I sleep to it is Stars of the LId - ... and Their Refinement of the Decline. That feels amazing every time though.

That is such a damn good album.

you're goddamn fucking right. in the last several years my favorite records have either been the craziest, most violent stuff, or the most beautiful quiet stuff. sotl are winners.
check boxhead ensemble and geotic and keep it going.

Brazil
BK
animalstyle wrote:

mp3s are stupid > get the real thing.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=505049929208

got it, love it. i think it's way more of an experience when you couple it with the visual aspect. (chip visualists, anyone want to try and recreate this in a live setting? please? )  smile

killadelphia

guys - i can't stop - HELP!