Philly

Just saw this on Gizmodo.  Anybody have any insight?  Also, the Steve Reich tune at the end is killer.

Newcastle, UK

Ah the I Dosers, I've had varied experiences with them. They use something called binaural beats which syncs/affects brainwaves.

Doesn't work on everybody, but I've tried a few of them. LSD, Peyote and Weed. With the peyote one I had a slight fuzz on my vision and felt quite relaxed but I've never got anything major from it yet. I try every week or so to see any new results, and there's definitely something going on, but I can't really explain.

Unsubscribe

I lulled OH SO HARD.

Unsubscribe
tehforsterer wrote:

try every week or so to see any new results, and there's definitely something going on, but I can't really explain.

Maybe it the was the frequencies in the PLACEBO end of the audio spectrum?

Milwaukee, WI

This is something Amigacore musicians have known for decades. DECADES.

That upper frequency mangled by an Amiga thru a P.A. does some wicked shit to the brain.

Newcastle, UK

I thought that much, it could be anything affecting me, my insomnia, actual drug use or boredom et cetera.
As much as I'd like to think that mp3 files could affect the brain, its a bit too science fiction. Although it would explain the UK Charts.

England

thats welll fucking lol, i remember seeing something on encyclopedia dramatica about some silly lady who had made recordings that could somehow make you ejaculate n other silly sex stuff. its all a bit william burroughs. ive been to plenty of loud noise/drone gigs that certainly take your brain to another dimension.

Washington DC

Yeah this stuff has been around for ages. I like how it's suddenly this NEW DIGITAL DRUG OH MY GOD YOUNG PEOPLE DOING SHIT WE DONT UNDERSTAND.

People are trying to turn this into some Phillip K Dick shit where now you'll see punk kids strung out in alleys with their mp3 players, dodging goverment surveillance, KILLING EACH OTHER OVER DATA.

Newcastle, UK
Dauragon wrote:

People are trying to turn this into some Phillip K Dick shit where now you'll see punk kids strung out in alleys with their mp3 players, dodging goverment surveillance, KILLING EACH OTHER OVER DATA.

WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME.

New York City

Kids.

Godzilladelph
tehforsterer wrote:
Dauragon wrote:

WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME.

yes.
though it feels like it's all in the interpretation. if people believe they can get high off this shit, they probably will. mind over matter etc etc

Westfield, NJ

Sure are a lot of armchair neuroscientists in here =P

Though I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of seedy "musicians" are just using this scheme to peddle their awful "music." What a way to make money as an independent artist... convince people your music will get them high.

Last edited by Decktonic (Jul 15, 2010 7:48 pm)

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:24 am)

CHIPTUNE

Hehe. But certain frequencies can have a direct physical affect on your body, of course. Perhaps not very specific, but you can certainly make people feel a bit better (if they make the effort to synchronize their brainwaves with the audio frequencies) or a bit worse (with certain high or low frequencies). Sonic Warfare by Steve Goodman discusses this in a very political-theoretical way.

New York City

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon

Brazil

This whole story could be a new book by Willian Gibson.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Machine_Music
Quality stuff, trip guarantee