Los Angeles

So guys I've been busy over the last few months which is why there hasnt been much changed around the site. I though I would share some of the work here because I thought some of you might like it. (Makers)

These are large scale art/props I've constructed for a event here in LA.

First is the resurrection of a piece a friend and I built last year but now with some change and a video. It's basically a 12' tall water tower clock thing powered by a waterpump.

Here are the build photos for the tower

Second was a 13' long telescope prop. It has a looking glass that animates a starmap to the position of the telescope with the use of a arduino and sensor electronics (accelerometers, gyro and compass)

There is a mac mini and a 7" LCD display in the tube. There were 2 4" uv reactive acrylic balls stacked and mounted in front of the display for a 3d effect. Some pulsating uv LEDS to make the projection Glow. Max/msp to gather the serial data from the arduino, and a quartz composer app running as a screen saver for the realtime 3d starmap.

Here are the build photos for the telescope

The event was at night and the videos were shot durring the day so all of the lighting etc are missing unfortunately.

Unsubscribe

that shits amazin!