BK

Hey CM.org,

I'm looking into unloading a few pieces of hardware I never use anymore, since I got myself a nice new USB mixer for my laptop.

First off is my Mackie DFX6 Mixer, which I'm pricing at $90. It goes for $199 new so I think it's a fair price. It's in great condition, works perfectly, and includes some nice built-in effects including reverb, chorus, flange, etc. I've used this on stage and I can tell you it's built like a tank. It's a Mackie, they know what they're doing.  Mackie doesn't make this one anymore, but it's definitely a solid piece of gear. I'd keep it but I don't really have too much use for all those channels and my new mixer fits far more easily into a backpack. Includes a power cord.

Second is my Presonus Firebox Firewire interface, which I'm pricing at $95. This currently goes for about $200 new.  It's in decent condition, only a little wear and tear on it. This allows you to record audio into your computer, and is perfect for a small project studio or for a mobile studio setup. The software/drivers for it can be downloaded online.  I've used this to record almost everything I've ever put out. It works great, and I'd keep using it if my new laptop had Firewire..but alas, no. Includes power cord and any of the CDs i can find that came with it (though they're not really necessary)

I'll determine shipping costs by how far away the individual is, but be aware that the Mackie is moderately heavy and pretty big, and will likely not be cheap to ship.  The Firebox won't be nearly as bad, it's light and not too big.  I will only ship to the US (sorry UK bros).

Please PM me if you are interested in either of these items.  I'm looking mainly for cash, but if someone comes up with an exceptionally enticing trade I may be up for it.

Last edited by Kris k (Sep 13, 2010 1:48 pm)

BK

BUMP.  If you have any offers for either piece that is below the asking price, I may consider it.  PM me!

BK

BUMP  - price drop on both items.  Mixer now $100, Firebox now $110.

BK

ANOTHER BUMP! let's say....
$90 for the mixer and $95 for the firebox. anyone interested?

rochester, ny

i've got a firepod, so i've got no need for the firebox, but i just wanted to chime in and say that presonus makes some seriously high quality gear. i've loved my firepod and gotten tons of use out of it. i'd highly recommend the firebox to anyone who's unsure of buying this one.

Massachusetts, USA

I'll buy the firebox for $95!

BK

Firebox sold! anyone interested in the Mackie?

Do you still have the Mackie for sale?

I would like to buy your Mackie,contact asap.