The title says it all: I'm using LSDJ on a GBA SP and I want to sync it with a PO-12 making the SP the sync master. Would any of these cables going to work or do I have to make my own? Thanks in advance,

David/Khoury.

I use one of this cable to sync my gba sp nanoloop 2.7 with an electribe e2. Don't have a recent lsdj nor a po12

PO12 manual says:
when sync is used the signal will be split between audio (right) and sync (left)
So sync signal of PO12 is on Tip of stereojack, as on other devices (e.g. volcas) and Audio is on ring of stereojack of PO12
this one should work, but you have to get another cable for spliting PO12 output jack
https://evadeanddualitymicro.bandcamp.c … slave-mode
something like this one:
http://ev-entz.com/stagg-yc-0-1-1j2jfh- … -jack.html

Exactly ordinary stereo jack cables, i have sub, arcade and robot and sub is set as master, it sends on left channel when sync is on clicks based on BPM setting, but i dont know if LSDJ can send these clicks.

Yes, There should be analog clock output from LSDJ since 4.8.0 version
http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest … _4_8_0.pdf
I didnť try in anyway wink

Sorry, this one will work, if you like to have PO12 as master
If you want LSDJ as master, you have to wire your own cable from GBA, because there
https://evadeanddualitymicro.bandcamp.com/merch
is only one cable for GBA (as a slave) and two cables for DMG (slave and master), serialport on GBA and DMG is different, so you can't use cable for DMG and you need cable for GBA (as master)...


ryba wrote:

PO12 manual says:
when sync is used the signal will be split between audio (right) and sync (left)
So sync signal of PO12 is on Tip of stereojack, as on other devices (e.g. volcas) and Audio is on ring of stereojack of PO12
this one should work, but you have to get another cable for spliting PO12 output jack
https://evadeanddualitymicro.bandcamp.c … slave-mode
something like this one:
http://ev-entz.com/stagg-yc-0-1-1j2jfh- … -jack.html

Last edited by ryba (Jan 4, 2017 2:14 pm)

As i see you need to make Gameboy Link cable to jack, then audio sync is possible, Gameboy don't have audio in so you cant set PO12 as master (yes i know that nanoloop mono analog synth cartridge based on audio-in available on cartridge, but i dont know if is it possible to implement it for LSDJ for example on EMS cart)

LSDJ (looking to 4.9.1 manual) have analog clock in and out possibilities
http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest … _4_9_1.pdf
http://littlesounddj.wikia.com/wiki/Ana … patibility
so both synces are possible (GBA as master and PO12 as slave or PO12 as master and GBA as slave)

Audio in on gameboy sould't bother you

if PO12 would be a master, split audio out on PO12 (right jack on the unit) with cable for audio and clock, send audio to mixer and clock to gameboy serial port and send audio from gameboy to mixer
PO12 should be in SY1 sync mode (check the manual)

if Gameboy would be a master, send audio from gameboy to mixer, send clock from gameboy serial port to PO12 (left jack on the unit) and send audio from PO12 (right jack on unit) output to mixer
PO12 should be in SY2 sync mode (check the manual)

http://www.cheapmonday.com/pocket-opera … Manual.pdf

Last edited by ryba (Jan 4, 2017 2:47 pm)

ryba wrote:

Sorry, this one will work, if you like to have PO12 as master
If you want LSDJ as master, you have to wire your own cable from GBA, because there
https://evadeanddualitymicro.bandcamp.com/merch
is only one cable for GBA (as a slave) and two cables for DMG (slave and master), serialport on GBA and DMG is different, so you can't use cable for DMG and you need cable for GBA (as master)...


ryba wrote:

PO12 manual says:
when sync is used the signal will be split between audio (right) and sync (left)
So sync signal of PO12 is on Tip of stereojack, as on other devices (e.g. volcas) and Audio is on ring of stereojack of PO12
this one should work, but you have to get another cable for spliting PO12 output jack
https://evadeanddualitymicro.bandcamp.c … slave-mode
something like this one:
http://ev-entz.com/stagg-yc-0-1-1j2jfh- … -jack.html

Do you think that if I use this cable and use a MGB-004 adapter like this one, it'll work?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with adapters, so I can't say. I think the best way is to ask eVADE/ duality micro for nanoloop 2 = Monotribe/ Volca sync cable (GBA/ GBA SP Master Mode). There should't be any problem to make custom one for you, if they have some GBA connector.

ryba wrote:

Sorry, I'm not familiar with adapters, so I can't say. I think the best way is to ask eVADE/ duality micro for nanoloop 2 = Monotribe/ Volca sync cable (GBA/ GBA SP Master Mode). There should't be any problem to make custom one for you, if they have some GBA connector.

I sent him a message on bandcamp asking for a custom cable and he said he couldn't make such a thing as he didn't have experience with Pocket Operators...

https://www.reddit.com/r/chiptunes/comm … handhelds/ Gathered some new info about this! Check it out.