chicago, ill

I was wondering if Pounder was the only live (press button-->play sample) sample player on the DMG. It's samples are pretty harsh, and luckily I found little-scale's blog post about how to replace them. I'm going to give this a try ASAP, but I was wondering if there were any other sample players out there made for with a similar purpose in mind. Barring that, is there anything I should keep in mind when choosing samples? I'll probably go with some basic electro-type kicks and snares along with some pitched toms. Anyone have any experience (or maybe a newly recompiled Pounder rom...?) with this process?

Adelaide, Australia

I'd love to hear of your results for replacing samples in pounder. I tried it and it didn't work properly. sad The replaced samples sounded corrupted. Not sure what happened.

Also, if anyone does have an edited pounder rom with some nice samples in it, I too would be very interested.

NorthTtrrrway

electricdrum sounds much better! then you can pitch mod your gameboy to manipulate the sounds on the spot.

Riverside, CA

Yes electricdrum is pretty nice.
Didn't little-scale come up with a way of editing the Pounder ROM?

chicago, ill

He did, it's just that pounder is kind of rough to work with. But oh man, electricdrum is awesome. Took some googling, but it's pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. Much more responsive and less error prone than pounder, plus sweet flammin' on the start button. I'm glad I asked. smile Any chance of seeing a sample replacement method in that one, I wonder?

Adelaide, Australia

I'm pretty sure that electric drum uses the noise channel and not samples so no option to replace them.

Milan, Italy

The gameboy camera has some samples in.

chicago, ill

Hmmm. The site I downloaded it from (http://aleksieeben.blogspot.com/2007/05 … -drum.html) has a link to an extra zip that is full of the samples he used in the program. That and the pitched kick in the techno kit leads me to believe they're samples, though I could be wrong. I also have something called "superpack.rar" which I don't remember downloading but contains electricdrum.gb and a sample collection featuring some C64 drums, some of little-scale's megadrive sample pack and a bunch of other crap. Hmmm, indeed.