Amsterdam, The Netherlands

"The Chipophone is a homemade 8-bit synthesizer, especially suited for live chiptune playing. It has been built inside an old electronic organ.

All the original tone-generating parts have been disconnected, and the keys, pedals, knobs and switches rerouted to a microcontroller which transforms them into MIDI signals. Those are then parsed by a second microcontroller, which acts as a synthesizer."

By LFT.

I love Spellbound.

More info: http://www.linusakesson.net/chipophone/index.php

Westfield, NJ

Great! Now I just need to learn how to play the keyboard...

astral cat

tongue

Melbourne, Australia

8 independent multi-waveform oscillators from a single avr chip, that is amazing.

Minneapolis

Aaand I have an old organ laying around. Dangit, so many projects, so little money! (got plenty of time though.)

Sound is very nice, and Linus is a good musician ! wink heart

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Is that nordloef?

San Francisco

this is pretty cool.

San Luis Obispo, CA

If only they could make a smaller, more portable version...

Minneapolis

Smaller? The brilliance of this is- it's MIDI internally. He built the MIDI serial device chain for the organ and then a MIDI 8 bit synth to match. So theoretically, this could be very very small. In fact, one could do what's known as an "organ chop" on this and just keep the manuals and switches and electronic in a smaller road box or something without too much difficulty.

Westfield, NJ
arfink wrote:

Smaller? The brilliance of this is- it's MIDI internally. He built the MIDI serial device chain for the organ and then a MIDI 8 bit synth to match. So theoretically, this could be very very small. In fact, one could do what's known as an "organ chop" on this and just keep the manuals and switches and electronic in a smaller road box or something without too much difficulty.

Yes. If the internals were available as a kit and we could hook up a couple simple USB keyboard, well, that would be awesome. Still have to learn the keyboard though smile

The Bronx

chipmusic.organ

brooklyn, NY
Crystal Labs wrote:

HAHAHA
Best comment.

))<>((

lol I was just about to post a thread on this, good thing I searched first. tongue

The arrpegio mode is, imo, the coolest thing about this (apart from the technical aspects of it). So awesome.

minusbaby wrote:

chipmusic.organ

ha!

glomag wrote:
Crystal Labs wrote:

HAHAHA
Best comment.

indeed lol

Last edited by Battle Lava (Jul 23, 2010 5:00 am)

minusbaby wrote:

chipmusic.organ

The real best comment!