IL, US

its great that theres now plans for a a specifically noise-aimed label that choses such harsh releasing rules that would exclude basically all of my music

<deleted>

Last edited by 4mat (Jul 23, 2010 3:13 am)

uhajdafdfdfa
e.s.c. wrote:

its great that theres now plans for a a specifically noise-aimed label that choses such harsh releasing rules that would exclude basically all of my music

Noisier-than-most chip labels with friendly releasing rules also exist! smile

boomlinde wrote:

Start the label and I'll make an EP!

Excellent, it is already started, I will post an "official" announcement soon (where to send, guidelines etc). Here's the address of the site:

http://pxtr.untergrund.net/8it

Please do not bookmark the site yet, the address might be changed, I need to discuss with untergrund.net people of possibility of own subdomain.

I'm really looking forward your EP !

-p

Last edited by pXtR (Jul 23, 2010 7:13 am)

e.s.c. wrote:

Sorry of that, but do not worry, there are 23 691 netlabels in archive.org and at least 2617 of them have included word "noise" to their keywords. I could imagine most of them are pretty noise-focused netlabels and also accepts MP3/WAV/OGG/etc. stuff.

-p

PlainFlavored wrote:

I was actually pretty into this until I clicked on your link and saw comic sans.

Haha, well, to tell the truth I made the page from scratch in 8 minutes, it will change, I used same method for choosing fonts to the site version 0.00001, chance (I closed my eyes, moved the mouse and clicked, pretty much same way I compose, just close my ears, click buttons and then listen what happened smile. It will change today, the site will be simple, that's only sure thing.

-p

egr wrote:

I'm looking at this more as a "back to the roots" style idea.  Trading modules, learning about software, keeping the file sizes tiny to simulate low bandwidth connections... but with a focus on noise.  I dig it!  Not that I knew anything about computer music back when those things were going on.

Exactly, you got the point: back to roots, trading, recycling ideas, tiny file sizes, focusing mainly on noise AND experimental stuff. I'm 49, I was there although the idea for this comes another direction,  especially one of my poetry publishing where I severely limited the size of the books to exactly 8 pages. But you're right, this is a bit different, it is "back to the roots" idea.

-p

celsius wrote:

Would love to see your download statistics in a month. I want to know how many people can actually be fucked either loading or installing a tracker to play back your offerings. I'm guessing very few but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised. Good luck!

Thanks celsius, however I won't probably much follow the statistics, I'm only interested of music/noise, not much anything else. But never know what happens !

-p

godinpants wrote:

I think you should up your size limit to 1.4mb and release everything on floppy disc.

No, that was different project where I made a portable Linux containing kernel (2.4.19 or was it .18),  with tiny X, ratpoison, busybox, mutt and about 60 programs, by using UPX (Ultimate Packer) I was able to fit everything to a one diskette. Otherwise not bad idea but I'm only focusing here to open source/freeware/non-commercial-kind of thinking, everything should be free, that excludes "hard media" where someone need to buy something.

-p

ant1 wrote:

Almost all chip formats can be played back by xmplay with enough plugins, and I'd expect the chipheads around here to already have players for a lot of formats.

Exactly, a lot of formats will be available in xmplay, I'm surprised if people really don't have players for basic chip music formats, really. Thanks ant1 helping with this (also, fishwhiskers is precisely kind of material I'm looking for....).

-p

AANABAY01

I like your idea, man, and I hope it makes you happy and zat you get to release a lot of good stuff. a lot of the criticism and discouragement you're getting sounds like it's coming directly from ze same sort of people who are swayed by PR.

just sorry I don't make music in ze style you're interested in

Happy to see your new netlabel pXtr ! heart
http://8it.shiftwave.org/ <updated>

Last edited by jikoo (Jul 23, 2010 11:57 pm)

Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

I like your idea, man, and I hope it makes you happy and zat you get to release a lot of good stuff. a lot of the criticism and discouragement you're getting sounds like it's coming directly from ze same sort of people who are swayed by PR.

just sorry I don't make music in ze style you're interested in

Thanks Zan-Zan, I'm not worried of criticism, I was sure beforehand that this might be an issue, all is well, stuff is coming, the site will change to another place, hopefully soon, then official announcement and off we go !

-p

jikoo wrote:

Happy to see your new netlabel pXtr ! heart
http://pxtr.untergrund.net/8it/

Thanks jikoo, you helped with this with your comment earlier in 8bc, the site address (and layout etc) will change soon, this is a temporarily place, just a start. "Official" announcement will be posted soon !

-p

IL, US

guys, its not like i cant get on netlabels, im just saying i find it disappointing is all...you are making a label for chipnoise (though your definition wouldnt match mine quite) and to be honest, most of the noisier artists in the chip scene tend to be a little more experimental in their methods beyond one single tracker (like baseck, 8cylinder, sil req, etc)
its that moment where i thought this may result in a netlabel for me to be a little more interested in, that i became less and less interested as i read your post, concluding with the realization that while i get referred to a being noise on a regular basis, not a single thing ive done would qualify under your label

e.s.c. wrote:

guys, its not like i cant get on netlabels, im just saying i find it disappointing is all...you are making a label for chipnoise (though your definition wouldnt match mine quite) and to be honest, most of the noisier artists in the chip scene tend to be a little more experimental in their methods beyond one single tracker (like baseck, 8cylinder, sil req, etc)
its that moment where i thought this may result in a netlabel for me to be a little more interested in, that i became less and less interested as i read your post, concluding with the realization that while i get referred to a being noise on a regular basis, not a single thing ive done would qualify under your label

e.s.c: Sorry if you're disappointed, anyway I might explained something badly: no, not a single tracker, use as many you like or no trackers at all, send programs (like .nes, .sms, .gb) or send Gameboy SRAM (.sav), TAP, SNA, AY, VGM, Atari 2600 BIN-files, .XEX, .VZ, whatever as long as there is a free player (or for programs free emulator) available and the content is pure, as close to real chip as possible. There are a lot of possibilites, actually endless amount, I don't know what's the problem for chip composer to make chip music using chip music tools. Only thing I don't want is ready-made MP3/WAV/OGG-formats, I want pure stuff, as noisy and experimental as possible. If 8cylinder would like to send something he would probably write a Gameboy programs and send .GB-files, or use some of his software like Sludgeon 2, do stuff and send saved slots for me. Pure 8-bit stuff, no VST-effects, only effects allowed are what chip of your choice allows. And whatever chip you choose to work, they ALL allow endless amount of possibilities.

-p

Last edited by pXtR (Jul 23, 2010 12:22 pm)