I'm doing a build on a DMG CPU revision 08 where I wish to use a BennVenn RGB backlight controller to set the color of an RGB backlight from Kitsch Bent along with an RGB button kit from Thursday Customs.

The setup looks like this:

Alternative link here, if I can't get images to show:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2SQp … mlsT3F4bk0

My question is about the connections from the RGB controller pcb to the ribbon cable pins on the cable connector on the DMG CPU pcb. BennVenn shows a picture of this install on his Fb page, but all the wires he's using are red (me nub not savvy) and I can simply not get the things to connect between the the numbering (10-15) on his pcb and the the ribbon cable pin numbers on the schematics for the DMG.

I've marked the pins BennVenn is using in red on the image and labelled them from "a" to "f". The two pins marked in yellow are for the bivert mod (for reference).

BennVenn has always been very generous with his time answering questions, but he's doing valuable (and timeconsuming, no doubt!) work, so I thought to reach out to the community for this one.  smile

Anyone can help? And thanks!!

Last edited by irony7 (Apr 16, 2017 1:21 pm)

Salt Lake City, UT

I am honestly in the middle of the same thing... BennVenn RGB controller with KB RGBx3. I've got it working but I screwed up some of the solders getting it all buttoned up. I'll try to offer some advice later when I can take some pics.

toasterpastries wrote:

I am honestly in the middle of the same thing... BennVenn RGB controller with KB RGBx3. I've got it working but I screwed up some of the solders getting it all buttoned up. I'll try to offer some advice later when I can take some pics.

Thank you, toasterpastries, looking forward to it!!  big_smile

Last edited by irony7 (Apr 17, 2017 6:17 pm)