I'll just change it on my side then if that's alright. smile No worries.

Edit- Your two songs have been updated on my side to be "2017 Creative Commons CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)". They should now show up randomly for people. tongue

Last edited by Andrex (Jun 27, 2017 7:17 pm)

Indianapolis, IN

hey perfect! thanks for your help and great work smile

This was broken for a little bit (dunno how long) due to CMO switching to AWS for music hosting. I updated the URLs in my database so now we're all good.

The biggest benefit to come out of this is that CMFM now stays HTTPS, which is just better in general but should lead to prompts on Android to install to homescreen (if you prefer.)

Last edited by Andrex (Sep 3, 2017 10:26 pm)

Crime City, Sweden

Oh, so it's working again? Great news! big_smile I just arrived here and it didn't work a couple of days ago. I didn't say anything though because I figured it was either being worked on or the project had ended.

Yes, it works! It wooooorks! *brings out the coffee and turns up volume*

Melbourne, Australia

Very cool!

Paris

Tweeted!

New UI powered by Giphy and Concrete coming soon. big_smile

Hey so unfortunately .fm domain names are $100/year, and I'm unable to renew it for the time being.

Apologies again (and also that the redesign is taking so long.)

Will hopefully have better news in a couple weeks.

Last edited by Andrex (Nov 24, 2019 7:30 pm)

~1 week

big_smile

“1 week”  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
take as much time as ya need smile

Sorry! I've been beta testing it a bit and still need to add favoriting.

But if you're OK with that not working you can try the beta out here! https://staging.chipmusic.fm

Sorry again for the delay, I want it to be as good as can be when it comes out for real.

Andrex wrote:

Sorry! I've been beta testing it a bit and still need to add favoriting.

But if you're OK with that not working you can try the beta out here! https://staging.chipmusic.fm

Sorry again for the delay, I want it to be as good as can be when it comes out for real.

woah! ok, this is epic. currently loving the experience. simple, minimalistic, and more importantly, it works exactly how it's intended to! so this basically grabs every song uploaded to Chipmusic.org and throws them into a shuffled playlist? also, love the addition of adding random gifs to each track.

Thank you so much! It was quite a bit of work, took most of November writing it from "scratch" using React and Gatsby.

Kabar wrote:

so this basically grabs every song uploaded to Chipmusic.org and throws them into a shuffled playlist?

Correct! Or rather, every song uploaded until ~June 2017 when I initially grabbed the index. Refreshing the index with all the music since then is one of the final check list items I have before launching for real. (Songs also have to be licensed correctly to allow reuse, or they get skipped when playing.)

Kabar wrote:

also, love the addition of adding random gifs to each track.

Thanks! Right now they're hardcoded to be "pixel art" GIFs from Giphy, but a future update will let you specify your own tags. big_smile So the visualizer could be 100% "yuyu hakasho" GIFs if you wanted.

Last edited by Andrex (Jan 15, 2020 8:34 pm)

Great idea! Just discovered this thread.