SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA

Thanks for making the EBOOT for LSD. So installing this.

Detroit, Michigan

Hell yeah! love this blog

Chicago IL

posted Gimmick! almost purely as a reference point for the next post. I mean Gimmick is amazing, but most people know about it already, right?

brooklyn, NY
Saskrotch wrote:

Gimmick is amazing, but most people know about it already, right?

nope.  Keep 'em coming!

Chicago IL

Added Trip World, Gimmick!'s little brother for Game Boy.

uhajdafdfdfa

hey i've just been reading through this, this is pretty cool just to read even though i don't really like gaming

Chicago IL

fair enough!

Easton, PA, USA
Saskrotch wrote:

Added Trip World, Gimmick!'s little brother for Game Boy.

most menacing rabbit in opening cut scene history.

brooklyn, NY

Finally, one I already know.  Trip world is fun= Nice and easy.  Good for us "adult casual" gamers.      Im not into playing games so much either, and I cant cant commit the time to get good at "hard" games anymore, I  just cant play the same level over and over for hours/days on like when i was 10...   
I played Gimmick for like 5 mins and knew its not for me. 

LSD on the other hand is more my style- been kinda obsessed since discovering it here last weekend.   (BTW-Works great on  the Wii HBC PS1 emulator)

I cant decide if it is just a mess of random fragments of failed game projects, desperately bundled into a "dream emu" as a last ditch effort to release something and recover some cash..... or  if it's the most captivating/ insidious piece of media ever..a la "The Ring" or "Infinite Jest".
It is kinda amazing how a really dated and pretty lame looking game can achieve such immersion. = Ive literally jumped outta my seat a few time when encountering the dumbest shit.  I think that I may have also been dreaming about it a bit too.
    Heh.. my neghbor is a big gamer /horror fan and I mention that I was recently got into (LSD- the game).   Usually jovial and smiley( stoned), he suddenly got kinda serious  and said that he couldnt "handle that game",  and " it was too scary." ha!

Anyone know of anything else like this or  play Eastern Mind (PC) ?  It is by the same dude.

Last edited by Charbot (Aug 15, 2012 12:53 am)

Chicago IL
Charbot wrote:

I cant decide if it is just a mess of random fragments of failed game projects, desperately bundled into a "dream emu" as a last ditch effort to release something and recover some cash

I'm pretty sure it wasn't, as it's backed up by a dream journal the creator kept for 10 years, and they also released a book based on that (or maybe just the journal itself)  called Lovely Sweet Dreams.

As for Eastern Mind, I read up on it a bit, not sure if I'll be able to play it on XP though, it's super old.

Chicago IL

Just posted the Worms Armageddon soundtrack for Game Boy Color. Creative use of the WAV channel makes it almost sound like a C64. But the CGB's soundchip is lacking, as far as the WAV channel is concerned, so I got the .gbs onto my prosounded DMG and recorded it .

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Wow this is a really great blog. I just enjoy reading this stuff. LSD looks very interesting. I'd like to hear more of your "spoiler" related experiences with it.

NC in the US of America
Saskrotch wrote:

Just posted the Worms Armageddon soundtrack for Game Boy Color. Creative use of the WAV channel makes it almost sound like a C64. But the CGB's soundchip is lacking, as far as the WAV channel is concerned, so I got the .gbs onto my prosounded DMG and recorded it .

Track 6, manb. Track 6... *sigh* I think I've found my next goal. smile Even the composition style is C64esque.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 15, 2012 3:48 am)

Chicago IL
Auxcide wrote:

Wow this is a really great blog. I just enjoy reading this stuff. LSD looks very interesting. I'd like to hear more of your "spoiler" related experiences with it.

There's just things that happened that are creepy. I've seen a girl standing perfectly still, and once you get close enough her head falls off. There's also a dude who's just a head with arms and legs, and making eye contact with him sent me to another area, with the screen flashing red instead of white. Been attacked by wolves, found dead bodies laying around, seen a row of women who've hung themselves on a lamp post. But there's also nice stuff, like climbing a mountain and finding a floating doorway that opens up once you get close enough.

Chicago IL

Added Dragon Egg!, a nice little platformer for Turbografix16/PC Engine

Massachusetts, USA

I'm digging the first track on the Worms soundtrack, thanks for this!