go arfink!

Philly, PA, USA
Analog wrote:

go arfink!

astral cat

excited to test! xoxoxoxox

Minneapolis
nickmaynard wrote:

so, all you have to do is paint three cases? awesome! can't wait to get this.

Yup, that is correct. And number 7 needs a little cleaning and a new battery. Sadly, it was snowing yesterday (in the middle of April, I know!) and today it is raining. hmm So I might make some pictures and/or a video today.

Also, Famicom protos are coming along too. I have the first one finished finally and am doing a second one, which will be going to an-cat-max for testing as soon as I can find cable components for his. As it turns out, deep DB-15 connectors are hard to find, except on Neo-Geo joysticks, which are also very hard to find.

Lastly, I figure I might as well say that the two guys helping me towards production are Keff, who is doing artwork for labels and a website, and Kitsch, who has generously offered to help with getting PCBs made up for the NES carts. That's still going to be a ways off yet, but it should be encouraging to people who want to have a cartridge and didn't make the beta. Also, I'm working on a tutorial (possibly in video form) that will be distributed along with the code and schematics for DIYers to play with. It's pretty exciting. smile

Last edited by arfink (Apr 21, 2011 2:12 pm)

rochester, ny

paint the cases yet? smile

Minneapolis

Yup, everything is done, but I have a dilemma.

I haven't been able to get hold of Blargg for a couple of weeks now.

This is bad news, because the software has not been packaged for release and has no accompanying license. While I am fairly sure he'll opt for a GPL license, I have no way of being sure without asking him, which I haven't been able to do. I am loathe to release the fruit of his hard work without a license, since it's his work and I believe he deserves to choose how he wants to license it before release. Without his consent I really don't feel right about releasing this.

This has happened before. Blargg is a very private individual and sometimes he just needs to disappear for a while. I hope he'll resurface soon.

Venezuela

arfink, any video sometime soon of the funcionality??? i would like to see this baby working :DDD

rad art Keff!!!.... your a monster!!!

g0g0g00g people we need to support this motion!!!

rochester, ny
arfink wrote:

Yup, everything is done, but I have a dilemma.

I haven't been able to get hold of Blargg for a couple of weeks now.

This is bad news, because the software has not been packaged for release and has no accompanying license. While I am fairly sure he'll opt for a GPL license, I have no way of being sure without asking him, which I haven't been able to do. I am loathe to release the fruit of his hard work without a license, since it's his work and I believe he deserves to choose how he wants to license it before release. Without his consent I really don't feel right about releasing this.

This has happened before. Blargg is a very private individual and sometimes he just needs to disappear for a while. I hope he'll resurface soon.

Soooooooo... no time table on when this might be shipped at all? Why not just ship the hardware NOW and then post the software for download whenever you finally hear back from blargg?

Last edited by nickmaynard (May 7, 2011 8:17 pm)

Minneapolis

Not a bad idea, but do you want hardware with no software? hmm

rochester, ny
arfink wrote:

Well, I'm thinking of it like, if I have the cartridge then I can start using the thing the day that you hear from Blargg. If you wait to hear from him (for who knows how long... days? weeks?) before you ship the carts, then I have to wait for you to ship them, then the time it takes to ship, etc. Maybe I'm only talking about a difference of a week but a week is still a long time.

I'm really not trying to be a dick or anything about this, so I hope it's not coming across like that. I really do appreciate all the work you've put into this thing and I can't wait to finally get it and use it.

Philly, PA, USA
nickmaynard wrote:
arfink wrote:

Well, I'm thinking of it like, if I have the cartridge then I can start using the thing the day that you hear from Blargg. If you wait to hear from him (for who knows how long... days? weeks?) before you ship the carts, then I have to wait for you to ship them, then the time it takes to ship, etc. Maybe I'm only talking about a difference of a week but a week is still a long time.

I'm really not trying to be a dick or anything about this, so I hope it's not coming across like that. I really do appreciate all the work you've put into this thing and I can't wait to finally get it and use it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, because if Blargg reappears tomorrow, then it'll just be the delay of shipping, hah. I wouldn't mind having a useless but kind of awesome cartridge lying around until the software's ready

rochester, ny
pixls wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

Yeah that's what I was thinking, because if Blargg reappears tomorrow, then it'll just be the delay of shipping, hah. I wouldn't mind having a useless but kind of awesome cartridge lying around until the software's ready

yeah, one way we'd get to use the things the day the software's ready to go. the other way would mean we'd have to wait for shipping. i'd rather get it asap.

Minneapolis

Sounds like a good plan. Give me a tad to get everything organised, hopefully these will go out soon. I been working alot of overtime lately, we just lost 6 employees at work...

Oakland, CA

I am stoked!

I just signed in at this board, just because of this thread!
So, after the Beta phase, There will be a NTSC and a PAL version to buy, right? And NTRQ is working..?
I guess you took care of all my needs xD
I will buy one!

rochester, ny
arfink wrote:

Sounds like a good plan. Give me a tad to get everything organised, hopefully these will go out soon. I been working alot of overtime lately, we just lost 6 employees at work...

any progress? it's been almost three weeks.

Last edited by nickmaynard (May 26, 2011 10:45 pm)