Liverpool, UK
Heosphoros wrote:
tacticalbread wrote:

There are more assholes on this site, then at 8bc.

I think what you should have said, and would be more truthful is:

There are more respected members of the chip music community on this sit, then at 8bc.

I don't think he was implying that the two are mutually exclusive

))<>((
Heosphoros wrote:
tacticalbread wrote:

There are more assholes on this site, then at 8bc.

There are more respected members of the chip music community on this sit, then at 8bc.

And anyone that's not a 'respected member' gets ridiculed, disrespected, and doesn't get reasonable answers.

I completely agree with one thing Mono said, in James' thread. You guys are like a bunch of fucking high schoolers, in your own little 'clique'. Any outsiders, or anyone new gets shunned and not taken seriously. I'm not saying this about everyone, but I've noticed it from the fucking start. I guess you people who have been around longer like how small the scene is, and would like to keep it that way. Well hate to break it to you, but it's not going to stay that way forever, and you really should quit treating people like complete shit, and giving such absurd answers to posts like this. Just because you've been a part of the 'scene' for longer than everyone else, doesn't make you better than everyone else.

This is General Discussion and it doesn't say anywhere what exactly that means. Half the people in this thread are sure as hell not following rule number one, clearly laid out.

Playing nice does not include ridiculing people who happen to find something interesting if you don't. Playing nice does not include sarcastic comments to a perfectly legitimate post. And playing nice definitely does not include trolling with fucking internet memes. Leave that shit to 4chan.

Also, what CDK said. I was simply saying that the amount of assholes here is more than you'd expect from a bunch of people who left 8bc to get away from the trolls/assholes/etc.

Last edited by tacticalbread (Jul 30, 2010 2:02 pm)

New York City

tacticalbread wrote:

And playing nice definitely does not include trolling with fucking internet memes. Leave that shit to 4chan.

oh FUCK.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jul 30, 2010 2:11 pm)

))<>((

Why do I even bother? You're no better than 8bc.

If we keep acting like it's a small scene and shun all the bad composers and welcome in the moderately good composers (which I am affraid aren't really numerous), then in our minds, hearts and souls, it'll always be the same.

YOU CAN NOT TAKE THIS AWAY FROM US MR.BREAD

Edit: To clear any forthcoming shitstorm and confusion. This post was brought to you by tongue-in-cheek

Last edited by Heosphoros (Jul 30, 2010 2:23 pm)

Geneva, NY
tacticalbread wrote:
Heosphoros wrote:

And anyone that's not a 'respected member' gets ridiculed, disrespected, and doesn't get reasonable answers.

I completely agree with one thing Mono said, in James' thread. You guys are like a bunch of fucking high schoolers, in your own little 'clique'. Any outsiders, or anyone new gets shunned and not taken seriously. I'm not saying this about everyone, but I've noticed it from the fucking start. I guess you people who have been around longer like how small the scene is, and would like to keep it that way. Well hate to break it to you, but it's not going to stay that way forever, and you really should quit treating people like complete shit, and giving such absurd answers to posts like this. Just because you've been a part of the 'scene' for longer than everyone else, doesn't make you better than everyone else.

This is General Discussion and it doesn't say anywhere what exactly that means. Half the people in this thread are sure as hell not following rule number one, clearly laid out.

Playing nice does not include ridiculing people who happen to find something interesting if you don't. Playing nice does not include sarcastic comments to a perfectly legitimate post. And playing nice definitely does not include trolling with fucking internet memes. Leave that shit to 4chan.

Also, what CDK said. I was simply saying that the amount of assholes here is more than you'd expect from a bunch of people who left 8bc to get away from the trolls/assholes/etc.

Well, I think you've got it completely wrong.  It's not that the "respected members" scoff at n00bs or have a desire to keep the "scene" small, it's that they spend time here on chipmusic.org to read and discuss chip MUSIC.  Not games.  And for us older folk, DEFINITELY not pokemon.  I was in college when the pokecraze hit so Charmander and Mudkip and Goatse will always be "baby shit" to me.  Through the years I've come to accept that in this line of work (chip musician) I will inevitably be bombarded with various gaming things and I've come to peace with that and I think most of us non-gamer, old fuck musicians have, too... but don't be surprised if every once in a while we get cranky.  Especially since there are shittons of gaming forums and pokeforums and the like out there... and only a few chip MUSIC sites!

Please stay.  Please share your music and your love of music and the craft of making music.  Please spread love.

Coaxially yours,
b/dummy

Unsubscribe

Im a vacuous insider and I think pokemon is really fucking stupid. This is pretty good hoax/fanfic/whatever though.

It amazing where people find a crack to expose their weird insecurities though, so I guess we can give the rom the credit for that as well!

A gray world of dread

Aside from the question if pokemanz belong here or not, I don't like the recent increase in threads mirrored over from 8bc and vice versa. There's no point to it, especially not to OT threads.

And re: number of assholes, don't confuse having a set of standards with elitism. Having the former is a good thing, and I personaly like that people here care about it.

New York City
bleo wrote:

It's not that the "respected members" scoff at n00bs or have a desire to keep the "scene" small, it's that they spend time here on chipmusic.org to read and discuss chip MUSIC.  Not games.  And for us older folk, DEFINITELY not pokemon.

Sorry if I may have opened a scab in the community.  I thought this ROM hack was a really interesting creation and figured General Discussion was the most appropriate section to put it in.

Maybe some of the posters in this thread didn't even click the link to realize what that the thread is about a ROM hack rather than Pokemon.

Edit:  Either way, I apologize.  If a mod wants to delete this to keep standards on CM I completely understand. smile

Last edited by *E (Jul 30, 2010 3:14 pm)

*E wrote:

Sorry if I may have opened a scab in the community.  I thought this ROM hack was a really interesting creation and figured General Discussion was the most appropriate section to put it in.

Maybe some of the posters in this thread didn't even click the link to realize what that the thread is about a ROM hack rather than Pokemon.

Edit:  Either way, I apologize.  If a mod wants to delete this to keep standards on CM I completely understand. smile

A ROM hack that MAY or MAY NOT actually exists and has little to no relevance to the chipmusic scene at all other than it shares the same hardware some composers use to make music with.

Agreed this is a general discusion and it is fair game, but we're all just a bit over pompous because we care so much about what we do. It sucks when a comunity you cared/care so much for goes into such a termoil like it did in the past few years (all my opinion). So we're just overly antsy over the little things because, we can't fight the bigger battle like we used to.

Geneva, NY
*E wrote:

Either way, I apologize.  If a mod wants to delete this to keep standards on CM I completely understand. smile

Nah, I have no problem leaving it open.  I mean, this is more relevant than the World Cup thread, right?

Heosphoros wrote:

Agreed this is a general discusion and it is fair game, but we're all just a bit over pompous because we care so much about what we do. It sucks when a comunity you cared/care so much for goes into such a termoil like it did in the past few years (all my opinion). So we're just overly antsy over the little things because, we can't fight the bigger battle like we used to.

I completely understand smile
It's frustrating when you want to preserve the integrity of the site, yet someone like me (who barely posts on CM) disrupts it.  I'll use better discretion next time.

uhajdafdfdfa

Agree there is a bit of a mess of double standards... Bicycle threads OK, threads about cool watches OK, world cup thread OK, pokemon thread not OK, 4chan memes not OK if they are on 8bc, 4chan memes OK if they are on chipmusic.org posted by people who have been to blip festival? And though this thread isn't the perfect example of it, agree with most of what tactical bread said. Isn't really a problem, I am a member of more than one forum and I have a real life too, it's not too hard to get away from guys being dead serious and talking about expensive MIDI hardware that I don't understand if I need to. tongue

As I said on 8bc, think this ROM hack is a fake, unless someone can say they've played it, provide footage, screenshots, anything?!. Seems like an over the top amount effort to go into making some "artsy" storyline about a ghost which comes back to kill someone, hehe. Would be pretty cool if it was real though.

Unsubscribe

The only standard is entertainment.

Wellington, NZ

If you don't find the topic interesting then you aren't required to post in it.  Not trying to start any arguments, but some people on here (me included) find this interesting.  No need to get all up in arms.