San Francisco

Does any one use this bad boy? it looks like it has some sweet features and looks pretty solid. the sound engine sounds pretty good too.

uhajdafdfdfa

Look for the program "Music Construction Set", you can emulate Tandy 1000 nicely in DosBox. The sound is like the BBC Micro or (edit: Sega) Master System.

Last edited by ant1 (Aug 2, 2010 11:50 am)

Visiting my family's house for the weekend, and I found our old Tandy 1000 TL/3!!! Booted it up and found literally the first pieces of music I ever "composed" as a kid. This is surreal. It's in that exact same music program that was shown in the video!

Last edited by an0va (Mar 26, 2011 2:34 am)

Michigan

The Tandy 1000 RLX had nice 3-voice sound.  It was way cool to play old Sierra games with.   smile

Russia, Moscow

The 3-voice sound is not just like BBC Micro or Master System, it is exactly the same (these systems has the same sound chip).

New York, New York

More accurately, the 3-channel sound chip (SN76489) is on various systems of the 1980s, and Tandy 1000 RLX boasted a (probably mono) DAC channel.

MA

hahahaha that was my very first computer (Tandy)... wish I still had it. Gunship was my favorite computer game for a loooooong time!

Brunswick, GA USA

My first MIDI PC was a Tandy 1000 (of some kind) that was handed down to me; both my father and my brother worked in Radio Shack stores at the time.  I never programmed its beeper, though, I played the adlib part of SoundBlaster and my FM synth (and later, Boss drum machine) from Voyetra Sequencer.

Brunswick, GA USA

Also, one of my dad's employees, my brother, and I, hacked some really evil stuff into the voices on the Tandy 1000 RLX demo...  we don't have it anymore of course wink

Australia
chunter wrote:

from Voyetra Sequencer.

Oh wow.  Them some dirty words in my memory!  Was yours the version with the blue interface that ran in a high res DOS text mode?  Mind you, it still I/O'ed MIDI no probs and had a solid piano roll.  It's just ashame you got stuck with the MIDI presets and couldn't program it like those smart arse CMF guys.

Music Construction Set was also my intro to music, but on the C64 :-)  It's ported to a whole load of machines; although I had no idea about the Tandy version.