Hey, is anyone here familiar with whoever runs "Djtransformer.com"? I ordered a few things from them a couple months ago, which hasn't arrived after waiting quite some time, and they haven't replied to my emails or sent any kind of notification it's even been sent. Anyone know where I might be able to track them down? The only thing I can find is an email, there doesn't appear to be any other social media presence!

Thanks,

-Z.

Glasgow, Scotland.

Sadly, many people have had issues with DJ Transformer in the past. Have a search on here for more info:

https://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/1099 … ers-store/ for example.

London, UK

I bought an EMS cart and it took so long to arrive I ended up buying another one and then just as I was going to cancel the order the one from him turned up (to be honest I needed two in the end... ha)
I think he's busy rather than crooked, but appreciate that's no help when you want your stuff.
IIRC his personal social media accounts are somewhere on the shop? or they were anyway!

Last edited by Duck (Jan 18, 2018 12:35 pm)

Duck wrote:

I bought an EMS cart and it took so long to arrive I ended up buying another one and then just as I was going to cancel the order the one from him turned up (to be honest I needed two in the end... ha)
I think he's busy rather than crooked, but appreciate that's no help when you want your stuff.
IIRC his personal social media accounts are somewhere on the shop? or they were anyway!

His twitter and facebook are mentioned, but his twitter is protected, and I can't find anyone with his name on fb with a "transformer" picture, so it's probably old info.

Open up a paypal dispute as soon as possible. People have been having issues with Transformer for the last decade. He doesn't have a history of cooperating even if you can reach him.

IL, US
Apeshit wrote:

Open up a paypal dispute as soon as possible. People have been having issues with Transformer for the last decade. He doesn't have a history of cooperating even if you can reach him.

this, x100. nearly every time his name comes up i hear about at least a handful more people who just never got their orders and one or two people who got theirs only after a ridiculous amount of time has passed. surprised paypal hasn't suspended his account at this point

Apeshit wrote:

Open up a paypal dispute as soon as possible.

e.s.c. wrote:

this, x100. nearly every time his name comes up i hear about at least a handful more people who just never got their orders and one or two people who got theirs only after a ridiculous amount of time has passed. surprised paypal hasn't suspended his account at this point

That's exactly what I've just done. Thanks for your advice, everyone. I'll hopefully get my money back and look into ordering what I wanted from elsewhere. smile

Italy

It's sad to hear that, there are a few sites left that sells carts. I bought a couple times from DJtransformer a year ago, it took a while but everything arrived. (i had to send a couple of emails XD)

france

For me it was weird.
What I bought was really ok.
It was well packed and it's really well done.
But it took one year without any email.

So I really think this guy is honnest.
But it's just weird to buy something without any information...

Oh dear.... I went here to search his alias on the forum to see if something would show up... We ordered from him 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything back, or got any responses from emails...

Ah well...

yoyz2k wrote:

For me it was weird.
What I bought was really ok.
It was well packed and it's really well done.
But it took one year without any email.

So I really think this guy is honnest.
But it's just weird to buy something without any information...

ONE YEAR!? Holy f*ck. If you need a whole year to send the merchandise someone who bought it, you shouldn't even sell it in the first place. Seems like the guy is lucky to not get sued on a daily basis.

Hi all,

quick update from our side, after opening a dispute at PayPal, we received a shipping information email from DJ Transformer the day after, and a day later a tracking code for the package, which arrived very fast with all the items ordered. Problem solved.

In retrospect, it is a shame they did not take a minute to send an email to us to say they were busy or whatever and would process the order in a week or two or three. That would have been all good and not an issue at all. I don't think it's pleasant for both parties to have to get PayPal involved for things to get solved.

So yeah, like Duck said earlier, definitively not a crook, but could really improve their communication. I don't think anyone is expecting corporate 24/7 shipping/delivery infrastructure from sellers within the chipmusic community, but not replying to emails and being completely silent does not benefit anyone.

Sounds like he only shipped your order because he was going to lose the money in the Paypal dispute if he didn't.

If he's been this busy and unable to provide a service that people paid for, he needs to close his shop. I'm not exaggerating when I say this has been going on for the last decade.

IL, US
Apeshit wrote:

Sounds like he only shipped your order because he was going to lose the money in the Paypal dispute if he didn't.

If he's been this busy and unable to provide a service that people paid for, he needs to close his shop. I'm not exaggerating when I say this has been going on for the last decade.

Exactly. Dude should just update his site when he's too busy to handle more orders (label things as "out of stock" or inform people of shipping delays).
Glad you got your order though, shame it seems to have required opening a dispute for that to happen in a reasonable timeframe

Los Angeles

I bought something like twice and got it in a week, I was one of the lucky few because everyone I know got screwed over LOL