Hey,
So as the topic says, where do you original GBA musicians tap off your Line Out signal / ProSound -mod?
It seems like this is something that people are very secret about.

And yeah, you lucky ones that happen to have a Line Out on your original GBA with backlight mod (AGS 101 screen)... Does that affect the sound?

I don't know if this was the correct subcategory to post this in or whether it should be in the Tutorials, Mod section ?

Have a great evening chtuners! smile

https://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/8529 … od/page/2/     worth scrolling through

Thanks a lot @shitbird! Now I remember that I actually briefly browsed through that thread a loong while ago!
So judging from that thread, there are two very sensitive resistors you'd have to solder to... R30 for left channel and R31 for right channel. There's supposed to be a picture shared by @tenshun that shows this but it seems like the link is dead unfortunately. Oliver suggests to add yet another capacitor to remove excessive HUM, but he then also says that his so called 'noise mod' is mor or less obsolete in this thread.

I still have some questions regarding this mod and I hope some experienced people could perhaps answer them.
• Should olivers noise mod be considered to do when breaking out this line out source ?
• To what point should ground be soldered?
• Do anyone have any recommendations for a successful result? Cause it seems to me that it's rather tricky compared to the standard DMG and GBC ones.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone with this mod that could share their experience with it... smile

› Show Spoiler

Last edited by CarrieStronggrog (Jan 23, 2018 11:55 pm)