Hello,

I just recently started using LSDJ and actually also using a gameboy the first time in many years. I got mine used on a german online-shop specialized in second hand consoles. I bought a Gameboy Advance SP. The gameboy is working just fine, but there seems to be some problems with the battery.

First of all the battery never holds much longer than an hour (at max), wich is really annoying, especially since my main decision for this model was the built in battery. According to the official information, the battery should hold 10-14h. Mine is FAR from that. So i bought a new battery for it, but resulting in the exact same problems. I didnt register any diference.

One reason, or hint to the reason, is the fact that if i charge it, the orange light often turns off after a while (like 20 minutes), but if i put the cable out and back in it turns on again. After a while it will turn off again. I am not sure if the in-out influences the durability of the battery, but it was still never longer than an hour.

Does anyone hear of that problem? Is it common? Any tips to a solution, or should i just try to get another one?

Thanks for the help,

Rübezahl

I'd say get another one. Unless you have a needle sized soldering iron and a multimeter etc etc

Last edited by shitbird (May 28, 2018 6:00 am)

Alive and well in fucksville

You can use a battery from original ds for more power. You have to mod it a little. be sure you want to/can do mod before doing it.