BK

CHECK IT OUT, MONDAY AUGUST 9th! Cheese n' Beer presents: Philly Cheese BRK. Philly friends Animal Style, Chipocrite and Ro-Bear join up with local hero Kris Keyser for a night of goodness at Party Expo in Brooklyn.

Party Expo
8pm, $5, All Ages
929 Broadway
J/M/Z Myrtle in Brooklyn

Google Maps

About the artists:
Joey Mariano and his music are one portion of the chip music schematic. The capacitance of his creations range from genre connections to genre transformers and are not limited to the common rules and regulations associated with normal sound organization. Mariano is know for bringing a heavily improvised approach to chip music with his Gameboy Foot controller + an 8bit style fuzz pedal. Constantly seeking new modes and formulas for music, Mariano places his unique musical chemistry under the alias Animal Style.

Chipocrite aka Paul Weinstein (former bassist of MJ Project, Philadelphia’s favorite jamtronfusion monstergroup) started making music with Game Boys in early 2009. It was the sound he felt he was destined to create, a mix of old and new, a way to bridge the comforting video game tones he grew up with and the complex but catchy songs he was hearing in his head all those years later. He’s constantly adding new songs to his repertoire, which has been described as “upbeat and danceable.  It’s exciting, it’s neato, and, above all, it’s some of the most fun he’s ever had making music.

Robert Joffred, or Ro-Bear, initially fell in love with the music of video games early on while playing Tetris Attack and Yoshi's Island on his Super Nintendo. After learning musical instruments from guitar to trombone, he discovered LSDJ in the spring of 2008 and hasn't looked back. Taking influences from Maurice Ravel to Daryl Hall, Ro-Bear focuses on making heavily melodic compositions created from a Nintendo Game Boy.

Kris Keyser is just another guy with a Game Boy. Having hopped from instrument to instrument in his over 10 years of music making, Kris has finally found his perfect match in the portable powerhouse known as Little Sound DJ.  In his relatively short time in the chip scene, Kris has jumped from relative unknown to relative known, playing chipscene institutions I/O and Pulsewave and making countless feet move and brains melt. Kris looks forward to a 2010 release on Cheese'N'Beer.

enso is Alex Bond, an illustration student from NY currently living in Philly.

About Party Expo:
Party Expo is a new DIY space in Brooklyn brought to you by the people of SuperChief, The Glass Door and Article. We have Killer shows, parties, video/photo shoots and more! We are located at 929 Broadway. Take the J/M/Z to Myrtle. Please be considerate of our space and neighbors! This is generally an ALL AGES space. Please be respectful of our NO BYOB policy. Also, do not drink and piss outside or near our space. http://www.partyexpobrooklyn.com

GNV / FL / USA

EDIT:

Kris k wrote:

Also, do not drink and piss outside or near our space.

invaderbacca, I think this covers vomiting on yourself, too.

Last edited by NO CARRIER (Aug 5, 2010 12:51 am)

Godzilladelph

hmmmm....

GNV / FL / USA

Looking forward to this tomorrow!

New York City
NO CARRIER wrote:

invaderbacca, I think this covers vomiting on yourself, too.

BURN! fucking LOL xD
That`reminds me of that pic I have on Facebook....

NYC

OW lol yeaaaa sorry about that guys smile next 8static ill be booze free, I have funny cigarettes ill stick too

Godzilladelph
invaderbacca wrote:

OW lol yeaaaa sorry about that guys smile next 8static ill be booze free, I have funny cigarettes ill stick too

can i borrow one?

BK

TONIGHT! It's gonna be a great time.  Seriously excited to open for these amazing acts!!!

Bronx, NY

I love that, for a second, it looks like it costs $5,929 to get in heart

New York, New York
DaPantz wrote:

I love that, for a second, it looks like it costs $5,929 to get in heart

*chuckle*

Bronx, NY

GNV / FL / USA

Had a great time, despite the fact that the night was double booked and we (the chip show) shared the night with a rock / indie electronic band night. Jenn and the CNB crew handled it very well. Props!

All the artists really killed it. Not just saying that. It was a tough situation, playing for a crowd that is half there for you and half there for another show. The chip musicians switched off with the other acts, too. Which was interesting.

Kris opened up and got people into it. Ro-Bear got some more people into it. By the time Chipocrite played there were people dancing. When Animal Style closed the evening the girls from one of the other bands were going nuts. I think they bought out most of his merch! Of course enso held it down on visuals the whole night, and I'm still jealous of how well he uses feedback on mixer.

Great seeing some people I haven't seen in a minute, too! Like fucking Matt Sanchez from 2PP, Alex / IAYD, and Connor!

NY, US

But honestly, that was an amazing (chip) show. Videos soon!

BK

Oh what a night.

The double booking actually worked out OK, except that the time crunch meant I had to leave before Chipocrite and Animal Style sad  I did really enjoy Ro-Bear's set though ...and some of those electronic bands weren't too bad! Awesome seeing the Philly crew (Joey rules for being the de facto 2nd soundguy of the night and letting us use his PA), IAYD,  Batsly Adams, and meeting I, Cactus for the first time.  Also thanks to NYC for coming out in a big way as well,you guys are awesome. Thanks to CNB for turning a less than optimal situation into a damn good time.

Philadelphia, PA
Kris k wrote:

Thanks to CNB for turning a less than optimal situation into a damn good time.

Fo real.

Yes, I enjoyed this smile Thanks to everyone who came out and stuck around. I'm a jerk for not sticking around for Joey's set though. If it's any consolation, I have had that one Game Boy/guitar song we and Ro-Bear were discussing before the show stuck in my head all day, and I didn't even see it last night. So that's something.

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:22 pm)