Wheeling, WV

Does anybody know where I can find some cheap joystick dual potentiometers?

Preferably valued at least 50k

Thaaaank you.

New York City

I suppose this is for Atari/C64?

matt's mind

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CTS … R%252bI%3d

i've played with those a bunch.  i like them.  mouser doesn't have 50k though, didn't check the other places.

alps makes a really good two axis pot as well, but i can't seem to find them...  they may not be made anymore.  i haven't thought to order any for years now...  they were green and steel, looked good.

but, those two axis pots above are nice as well.

they make nice caps for them too, but i'm not sure part #.  don't have the catalog with me, and i hate skimming through their site tongue

PS -- if you want, and you don't already know how to do this, i can make you the part in an Eagle CAD library if you are laying out a PCB.  i don't mind, and it'd be a good one to have anyways.  let me know...

Wheeling, WV
akira^8GB wrote:

I suppose this is for Atari/C64?

It's for the tremolo control on a 4558 oscillator I'm making. I'm using one axis for speed, and the other for depth.

Thanks, Matthew! I'll look into these!

Wheeling, WV

These look tricky to panel mount since there's no upper or lower plate. I'll be nearly finished with the project by tonight, since I'll be getting all of the essentials, and be finished with the entire thing by next week. I'll just use the standard pots for a rough build and leave them close enough to cut for a joystick a bit later on.

In the meantime, if anybody knows of something that is good to panel mount instead of just going directly to a PC board, let me know.