http://soundcloud.com/disassembler/shoot-to-kill-wip

I'm almost satisfied with the S and N channels on this track. I think parts might sound too disjointed, but maybe adding something on the R or L channels will help that. I removed the first six second (which is just the noise channel), since Audacity's noise removal plug-in was causing problems.

This is a work in progress, so feedback is much appreciated.

Dise suggested this: "my thought for the r and l channel would be to maybe go 1.2 style and try going for a really nice phasing lead of some sorts, I just think that this one will sound good with a minimal style, make that bass standout like it should."

I was also thinking that dropping the bass and just having kicks plus the noise channel (with melodies or fm on R and L) might work for some parts. Even with the changes on the N channel, I think the kick and bass combo might be a bit monotonous.

Last edited by disassembler (Aug 19, 2010 11:49 pm)

Tacoma WA

fuck..

i know hate the song i've been working on with my 1.3 cart.

shit shit shit shit shit.  love that bass line

Haha. Thanks dude. I have at least 6 tracks like this on my carts. A few solid loops then I'm like, "Ugh! Don't know where to go from here."

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

I can totally relate to just working in S and then not having any idea what to do with L and R, usually I'm just like "fuck it, I'm just gonna do a ton of random short bleeps with no melody whatsoever" (Which I actually like)

It sucks but a lot of the time if you get pretty far on a song and you get completely stuck, you just have to trash it, or wait a really long time until something finally clicks.