Lawrenceville, GA
firebrandboy wrote:

:*-(
This thread is mutual masturbation (and I'm the only one playing with myself).

I LOEV U FIREBRAENDBOI             

Unsubscribe

The fact tjhat lo-bat wasnt mentioned till page four illustrates one of the many issues with the chipscene.

Also i'd throw Dino Lionetti in the mix,

astral cat
herr_prof wrote:

lo-bat

Holy balls YES.

what have we done?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
herr_prof wrote:

The fact tjhat lo-bat wasnt mentioned till page four illustrates one of the many issues with the chipscene.

Also i'd throw Dino Lionetti in the mix,

haven't heard anything new from lo-bat recently... point me in the right direction so i can listen.

L-Tron is another artist who rocks the gb synthesis with a fine tooth comb.

Leuven, Bellagium

Ovenrake and PeeR! And everyone mentioned in this heart thread.

Thanks Logan for starting this one, 'cause it made me discover some artists I didn't know!

Ya'll=<3

/end circlejerk

Milwaukee, WI

Diamonds and Dynamite, Henry Homesweet's 2.3 stuff is awesome, J. Arthur, Ralp again, La Belle Indifference, Glomag, Animalstyle, Alberto Gonzales, Kulor, PDF Format/Hawkfather, arottenbit, lo-bat, Knife City, Starpause, RANDOM!, little-scale

All excellent GB artists!  I know I forgot some of my favorites too...

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Aug 21, 2010 2:53 am)

Seoul, S. Korea

Crystal Castles!! I love those guys!!

...wait this isn't 8bc...

I'm screwed.

yea, Lo-bat is King!
Checked out arottenbit and definitely don't think there's anything special about his synthesis.
Not saying his music is bad, but synthesis is an entirely different thing.

EDIT: Unless there's a bunch of stuff I missed

Last edited by L-tron (Aug 21, 2010 7:04 am)

Unsubscribe
low-gain wrote:

haven't heard anything new from lo-bat recently... point me in the right direction so i can listen.

Its like saying Hendrix isn't the best guitarist any more just because he died. Until someone is better, HE IS THE BEST.

Milwaukee, WI
L-tron wrote:

yea, Lo-bat is King!
Checked out arottenbit and definitely don't think there's anything special about his synthesis.
Not saying his music is bad, but synthesis is an entirely different thing.

EDIT: Unless there's a bunch of stuff I missed

His submission to the justice compo is pretty fresh... but I do see what you mean.

Abandoned on Fire
low-gain wrote:

On my way out the door from work, but I just wanted to say..

Nullsleep & Ovenrake are on the top of my list for gameboy synthesis pro's.

For real.. between Nullsleep's performance at blip festival this last year, and Ovenrake's "For The Great Party Man" release on kittenrock...
i think i've just about heard the extremes of the synth engine on the game boy. Hands down... AMAZING!

I tip my hat to you Jeremiah and Dakota... Keep up the amazing work and please... PLEASE do a split release together sometime. It would dominate!

*2 thumbs way up*

heart

I've been lucky enough to see both these guys live this year and I'll vehemently agree!!!

*totally didn't catch up on what this thread was really about... carry on*

Godzilladelph
likeluke wrote:

EVERYBODY WHO IS ON HERE IS DOING A GREAT JOB. KEEP IT UP, WEINERS! heart heart heart heart heart

fix'd

Milwaukee, WI

Lo-bat is king.

/coolstorybro
That reminds me of this time (right after Ty blew the fucking lid off of the Lo-Bat/CC shitstorm) when we walked into a local indie/hipster record store to buy the CC vinyl (still confused on why he did that) and the store clerk was all like "DUDE! Did you hear they are being accused of stealing music from video games?! I'm going to seriously punch the guy who said this about CC!" Ty just stood there, threw a burned Lo-bat cd-r at the guy and said "Do your fucking homework you twat.". I totally forgot about that story until I saw the name.
/endcoolstorybro

Westfield, NJ
RG wrote:

Lo-bat is king.

/coolstorybro
That reminds me of this time (right after Ty blew the fucking lid off of the Lo-Bat/CC shitstorm) when we walked into a local indie/hipster record store to buy the CC vinyl (still confused on why he did that) and the store clerk was all like "DUDE! Did you hear they are being accused of stealing music from video games?! I'm going to seriously punch the guy who said this about CC!" Ty just stood there, threw a burned Lo-bat cd-r at the guy and said "Do your fucking homework you twat.". I totally forgot about that story until I saw the name.
/endcoolstorybro

/coolstorybro DELIVERS. Did he end up buying the record?

It makes me absolutely sick to see that this track has 127 views and only 10 likes. This is one of the sickest LSDJ tracks I've ever heard and yet it goes way under-appreciated. If a popular artist posted the same track, it would be #1 before the week was even over.

http://8bc.org/music/wedanced/Finished+ … DJ%29+%28/

Wedanced is incredible. His synthesis is amazing and his tracks are really ace, with a very tasteful use of post production that doesn't overpower the track or take away from the amazing factor of his LSDJ/LGPT tracks.
anyhow, props to WDUWSTS and all of the other talented Gameboy artists out there.

AANABAY01
herr_prof wrote:
low-gain wrote:

Its like saying Hendrix isn't the best guitarist any more just because he died. Until someone is better, HE IS THE BEST.

Robert Fripp was always better o:3

am i ze only person around who doesn't notice someone's "synthesis" skills and just latches onto songwriting? my favourite game-boy set to date is still virt's soundtrack for Shantae and it wasn't because i was astounded by anything technical. some people are just incredible musicians