Melbourne

Lame boring question I know but I like to leave two gameboys linked so I can play them together easily whenever I want and was wondering if leaving the link cable in while they're off will drain battery? You know like when you leave a lead in an instrument with an active pick up sort of thing.

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia

It will not drain the battery at all while the gameboy is switched off.

Last edited by TmTgr (Aug 23, 2010 5:13 am)

San Francisco

good call.

Melbourne

Sweet thanks TmTgr!

rochester, ny

is there any difference between the standard link cable and the dmg07 link cables, in this instance?

Sweeeeeeden
nickmaynard wrote:

is there any difference between the standard link cable and the dmg07 link cables, in this instance?

When the Gameboy is turned off, no current will through out of the battery, and that's the same no matter what. But a DMG-07 has an active circuit that will use a (very) small amount of power from the master Gameboy when it's turned on, even if nothing else is connected to the DMG-07.

nitro2k01 wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

When the Gameboy is turned off, no current will through out of the battery, and that's the same no matter what. But a DMG-07 has an active circuit that will use a (very) small amount of power from the master Gameboy when it's turned on, even if nothing else is connected to the DMG-07.

continuing from this

the normal link cables connect the grounds of each gameboy, but not the 5v lines, there is no direct connection of power between the two gameboys, only indirect via the clock lines etc, but the link cables are passive and don't need any power to run, they are just transmitting signals.

the DMG 07 four player adapter has some circuitry in it which needs power to run which it takes from the gameboy, this drain is minimal, i doubt if you timed how long your batteries lasted with it plugged in and not, there would be no diffrence.