matt's mind
low-gain wrote:

this will probably make things a lot easier for the traveling chippers attending. Big up's to 8bp's.

this will make things at least considerable, if not completely doable!

actually, very doable.

logan, robin would like a bear hug (yes, she did tell me that)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
kitsch wrote:
low-gain wrote:

this will probably make things a lot easier for the traveling chippers attending. Big up's to 8bp's.

this will make things at least considerable, if not completely doable!

actually, very doable.

logan, robin would like a bear hug (yes, she did tell me that)

hahaha.. with your permission. i'll give give her one when i visit!

Chicago IL

but winter is the best season of the year

Washington DC

I am happy about this.

I have time to save up now. smile

Liverpool, UK
low-gain wrote:

i'll give her one when i visit!

Me too

Anahiem, CA

Sounds good guys!

By the way, what's snow? Over here in Southern California, we got nothing but sun, beaches, and Disneyland.

Liverpool, UK
rallyj wrote:

Sounds good guys!

By the way, what's snow? Over here in Southern California, we got nothing but sun, beaches, and Disneyland.

...but no Blip Festival.

))<>((
rallyj wrote:

Sounds good guys!

it's you So-Cal people that give the rest of us Californians a bad name (concerning the weather only lol)

You have no idea how many times I've gotten "I thought California was always sunny everywhere!" when I tell people it's never sunny where I live(d).

Los Angeles

We were in NYC this last may at it was a really awesome time to be there! Weather was perfect for sight seeing and a gr8 crowd for the gig to boot! I'm sure blip will be even better in may smile

PS-Airfare was more affordable in may too!

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Aug 24, 2010 7:44 pm)

Anahiem, CA
tacticalbread wrote:
rallyj wrote:

Sounds good guys!

it's you So-Cal people that give the rest of us Californians a bad name (concerning the weather only lol)

You have no idea how many times I've gotten "I thought California was always sunny everywhere!" when I tell people it's never sunny where I live(d).

Haha! Well, I live a couple of miles from Disneyland, down the street from Knotts Berry Farm, and Huntington Beach is close. So for me, I rarely get any other type of weather other than sun, heat, and a slight breeze.

@CDK

Touché, good sir. Touché.

My initial reaction: hmm

Saskrotch wrote:

but winter is the best season of the year

I agree! I love snow! Hopefully this will not coincide with my graduation in May, and is maybe even just after graduation, meaning I won't have gone back to Miami yet. I'd skip graduation if it coincided with Blip though.

calmdownkidder wrote:

From the 8bp emailing list...
After four years of trudging through the snow, we are, after a lot of deliberation, excited to announce that Blip Festival New York's position on the calendar year is officially being moved to the late spring, from 2011 onward.

Wait, there's an 8BP mailing list? And it has stuff that's not on the website? This is probably NOT what they meant, but the way it's phrased ("from 2011 onward") makes it sound like Blip 2010 will still be in December, and Blip 2011 will be in May. I doubt that two Blips in the same city would be organized that close together. I think they meant "from 2010 onward". So... no Blip 2010? Do feel free to prove me wrong though, 8BP. tongue

BOSTON

I have a sneaking suspicion that 'blip 2010' is pretty much happening in toyko... next month, and thats what the 'May 2011' means... if not i'll be really really impressed with 8bp that they could pull off 2 huge shows within a couple of months of each-other on different continents. (I would really love for this to be true though)

Philly, PA, USA

I don't know how to feel about this. Blip in winter meant it coincided with my winter break, meant i could go easily with no worries.
Blip in May probably won't be on a my spring break, which sucks. Probably means I would have to miss out on all the pre-post blip parties, which was something I know I was looking forward to.

However, not having to trudge through snow in a blizzard will be very nice.

Seoul, S. Korea

Rumor is they did this because they wanted a time for SnuGG to attend...

I'm already seeing if I can get plane tickets. wink

Tucson, AZ
Awol wrote:

So... no Blip 2010? Do feel free to prove me wrong though, 8BP. tongue

Very cute.

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

I have a sneaking suspicion that 'blip 2010' is pretty much happening in toyko... next month, and thats what the 'May 2011' means... if not i'll be really really impressed with 8bp that they could pull off 2 huge shows within a couple of months of each-other on different continents. (I would really love for this to be true though)

It is true:

Blip Tokyo - September 4 & 5
Blip Scandinavia - September 17 & 18

That's two festivals on two different continents within two weeks of each other. 

Just to be completely clear, the next Blip Festival to take place in NYC will be in May 2011.  Really appreciate the overwhelming support from most of you guys for the scheduling change.  We're definitely excited about it.

IL, US

only thing is, this means i need to find a chance to come hang out in nyc again before then...i miss you people