Godzilladelph

this talk just makes me curious as to the next blip nyc lineup.
also, does anyone else see a growing trend of world wide blips?

Los Angeles, CA

I just hope that with the growing LA chip scene, a Blip Fest Los Angeles is someday possible. I was recently surprised at the amount of fresh talent we have out here that could easily represent.

hardcore, Australia

I have just impregnated a blip-fund bank account.

In nine months it will give birth to my attendance

BOSTON
Nullsleep wrote:

It is true:

Blip Tokyo - September 4 & 5
Blip Scandinavia - September 17 & 18

That's two festivals on two different continents within two weeks of each other.

Holy hell! I hadn't even heard of Blip Scandinavia, that really is amazing! I'm sad that it'll be a longer wait for the next USA show, but I'm so psyched for you guy doing this international run. It's damn impressive. GO! GO! GO!

matt's mind

it means that buying presents around the holidays for everyone doesnt hit as hard since blip funding doesn't coincide chronologically.

i'm sure there is a way to say that more easily.

sorry, just stepped out of class, my words ain't right

(at least this makes a difference for me, as funds are always the reason for not going... and december is always a very expensive month...)

But I love winter. :[ May seems more fitting though. Maybe now I'll be able to get more of my friends to attend since they won't be stressing over finals. I am excited! This also means I have more time to save money! big_smile

Saskrotch wrote:

but winter is the best season of the year

I agree, dude. I agree. But I disagree if that was sarcasm. Hah.

NJ
e.s.c. wrote:

you people

IL, US
facundo wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

you people

wink
was waiting for that...was hoping daur would take it though, for fake-feud hillarity

Godzilladelph
Wizwars wrote:

I just hope that with the growing LA chip scene, a Blip Fest Los Angeles is someday possible. I was recently surprised at the amount of fresh talent we have out here that could easily represent.

for trash80 alone i would love to get out to los angeles. though i'd also love to see what this 'fresh talent' is wink

living in philladelph, and being a bolt bus ride away from nyc, is just spoiling

seriously though, at the rate blips are popping up around the world, it doesn't look like too long before 8bit takes over entirely.

matt's mind

blipfest pasture wink

San Luis Obispo, CA

Excellent news. I've been feverishly saving money to get out to NY in December. Glad to know that there is a little bit more time.

Los Angeles, CA
SKGB wrote:

for trash80 alone i would love to get out to los angeles. though i'd also love to see what this 'fresh talent' is wink

Including obvious and not so obvious names, we have:

Virt
Trash80
Mr. Spastic
8bitweapon
ComputeHer
EvilWezil
Wizwars
Wet Mango
WMX
Mike Bleeds
Rock Kandy
KoolSkull
The Silph Scope

Some obvious heavy hitters on this list, and check out any less obvious people you might not have heard of, you'll probably be surprised.

LA has a fair amount of chip talent, nowhere near the level of the East Coast but enough to put on some fucking sweet shows, which we're working on doing. Just need organization. Considering that Nullsleep himself said that LA was one of his favorite shows of the tour he just did, I think it can be said that the LA chip scene and fans are ready to fucking bring it.

Philly, PA, USA

Although I'm not too psyched about the actual date change, I am psyched for what it could mean. Seriously, springtime chip festival can mean great things. Also, some of you out-of-towners who come in for blip should maybe take a trip down and see Philly while you're on the east coast?

P.S. totally love the 28 seconds between post rule that keeps my accidental multiple clicks from posting like seven times

Last edited by pixls (Aug 25, 2010 6:03 am)

Godzilladelph

holyshit, and you haven't got a monthly chipnight yet? you could have a seriously beastly lineup.
also, i second what Pixls mentioned of philly. we got, not including special out of town guests: Cheap Dinosaurs (full band), Animalstyle, Alex Mauer, Chipocrite, Ro-bear, Void Vision, Magoni and Chaffel (squarewave), Bucky, The Dutchess, and idk myself i suppose. ya'll should come on down sometime.

Last edited by SKGB (Aug 25, 2010 6:36 am)

Bronx, NY

BLIP FESTIVAL MONGOLIA MOTHEFUCKERSSSS