It's was worth every penny.  And I love it.

Did you get one?  What are you're thoughts?  Which track is your favorite?

1-Bit Symphony

Last edited by Battle Lava (Aug 28, 2010 12:59 am)

Philly, PA, USA

I thought i may have ordered one, but i guess not. As soon as I have money I am SO getting one.

))<>((

I was thinking about ordering one. Same as pixls said, as soon as I have money, I'm definitely getting one.

Ontario, Canada

This looks really neat, is there any way of ordering this using paypal for those of us without credit cards?

))<>((
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:

This looks really neat, is there any way of ordering this using paypal for those of us without credit cards?

it's available at the 8bp shop. I think they take PayPal, but I'm not entirely sure lol.

Ontario, Canada
tacticalbread wrote:
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:

it's available at the 8bp shop. I think they take PayPal, but I'm not entirely sure lol.

Excellent, just ordered a copy.

This is pretty sweet! Cool idea!

Bristol

i just got my copy and have had it ringing in my head for a good while... love it as a piece.. love the concept and idea, but having all those soundwaves hitting my ears raw kinda makes my head spin... still its a lovely piece.. I may have to frame it some how, its a bloody work of art.

I like this idea, but i fucking HATE cd cases. They're so shitty and aren't at all durable.

BOSTON
arlen wrote:

I like this idea, but i fucking HATE cd cases. They're so shitty and aren't at all durable.

agreed. the idea is fantastic, but the presentation is kind of kitsch at this point as cd's are... nonexistent, for many good reasons (fucking cheap plastic cases/discs being a main one). but i understand that he had to put it into something recognizable as a "common audio device" for the concept to work. Regardless of the music, it probably wouldn't be getting the press that it is if it was packaged as a usb stick or a cassette or a pile of transistors or whatever. It does look damn cool.

All that aside though, how is the music? I've only heard people saying "aww that looks so cool", and nothing about the actual content tongue

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

*sold out*

Geneva, NY

Review here: http://chiptuneblog.blogspot.com/2010/0 … erich.html

Sweeeeeeden

It's cool and all, but honestly I think there's too much of a hype around it. But some people know how to create a hype around what they do, can't blame them.

When it comes to microcontrollers, I prefer stuff like this and this though.

Sweeeeeeden

That's that Feryl guy... The same guy who ranted about how chiptunes and swearing don't mix, named his album Winners Don't Use Drugs, doesn't get the pun in "Modemoiselle" and actually thinks it's a typo, and can't use tags on Blogspot correctly. Yeah, that guy.

Geneva, NY

Oh I know full well who that is.  Why do think I'm following his blog!?!?  wink

Chicago IL

they just did a little one page story on this in wired