Hi this is Railshooter and here is my debut release "Main Quest"

https://railshooter.bandcamp.com/releases

A little about me, I've been a lurker here for a few months. Back in high school it was a dream of mine to make music for videogames, so I started composing songs on Cubase only to have to put the dream aside get a real job. Now that I have some time my wife gave me FL Studio for Christmas last year and that's when I started to create music again.

Now a little about the album, I originally set out to make a composers portfolio for my hobby/ side business of making music for multimedia, only to find out how expensive it is to obtain competitive equipment, VST's etc. I had recently discovered chiptune (and loved it) and figured well if I release a chiptune/videogame style album I might be able to pay for the equipment I need to start composing game music. Considering my intentions it just wasn't logical to go for the traditional LSDJ authentic chiptune music but instead learn the tools in FL studio to create my music as those are the ones I will be using in the future, I also never intend to play live. So all of my music was composed with FL Studio stock plug-ins, Plogue "chipsounds", an analogue sounding synth called "Strobe" by FXpansion and Serum for the leads on Victory Dance and Arise.

So with all that said I hope you enjoy it. One of the things I love about Chiptune is how it can incorporate every single music style and still be just "chiptune". It allowed me to be very cinematic with the album and I'm quite proud of it. I still need to get artwork and make it all official but I wanted to post it here first.

Last edited by RailShooter (Jul 24, 2018 8:40 pm)