rochester, ny

it doesn't matter how many times i format it. it doesn't matter how many times i load sav files on to it that i know are normal (they load normally on my other cartridges). it doesn't matter what i do. i can't fix what's wrong with my cartridge.

it have the 64 ems cartridge and every time i turn it on, when LSDJ is on side A, my song screen is full of 00's. i select-right to check out the chains and it's all gibberish letters and numbers. i go into the phrase and it's empty. nothing works correctly (for example, if i hold the down arrow, i don't rapidly move downwards through the song screen. it goes to the next one, and stops).

i bought a new battery and tried that but it didn't seem to do anything. i have no ideas.

other roms work perfectly, by the way. i didn't test any that save stuff though.

can anyone help me? i can give more details if needed.

Sweeeeeeden

Seems like it can't read the RAM. I'd guess that there's a loose connection somewhere. A hardware error in other words. It's not a battery problem. If it was, the cart would hold the info as long as you had the Gameboy turned on.

Try looking for dirt in the cart slot as a first thing. Next, try writing a sav to the cartridge from the PC and immediately read it back to the PC, and see if it's empty.

Wellington, New Zealand

I used to have this when i first got my cart. Try replacing the sav on your cart with a new blank one.

Sweeeeeeden

Oh BTW... It might be that just the currently open song is corrupted, which is what Apricorn is talking about. Try going into the file manager and load a new song and see if that solves it. Or press select+A at the load/save menu item to fully clear RAM.

Minneapolis

If cleaning the cart slot isn't helping and doing nitro2k01's suggestion doesn't help either, you may wish to send your cart to someone to get it looked at for internal failure. Actually, if it's failed, contact Kitsch (assuming you bought it from him), apparently EMS likes to know about this kind of stuff.

rochester, ny
nitro2k01 wrote:

Seems like it can't read the RAM. I'd guess that there's a loose connection somewhere. A hardware error in other words. It's not a battery problem. If it was, the cart would hold the info as long as you had the Gameboy turned on.

Try looking for dirt in the cart slot as a first thing. Next, try writing a sav to the cartridge from the PC and immediately read it back to the PC, and see if it's empty.

i will try cleaning it tonight. if that doesn't work, i will try your sav loading suggestion.

Apricorn wrote:

I used to have this when i first got my cart. Try replacing the sav on your cart with a new blank one.

i've tried this and it doesn't change anything.

thanks everyone for the helpful tips!