I don't know what most of that stuff does but it looks AMAZING! =]

It almost looks as if it's hooked up to life support in the last picture! lol

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

lovely... but will all these mods be able to help people make better music?

why can't someone develope a real "pro mod"

"this mod will make you a pro!"

(this is not directed at you NeX,love the work that you're doing, but at the entire forum)
i'm all for the case mods.. but seriously people.. work on raising the bar for musical ability and quality of music. Dont get cought up in making your hardware look cool before your music is cool. It will only make you look like a complete idiot on stage.

Last edited by low-gain (Aug 29, 2010 5:04 pm)

Wheeling, WV

I don't want to start a load of shit here, but Nonfinite's RGB backlight?!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
hotmessization wrote:

I don't want to start a load of shit here, but Nonfinite's RGB backlight?!

yeah.. you know.. similar to the Kitsch mod, but 2nd place. har har

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

just developed a new mod guys.
tutorial cumming soon. wink

Wheeling, WV

Do you offer different models?

Tacoma WA

bringing the prostitute back into PRO mod

matt's mind
low-gain wrote:

i'll PM you my order info asap

Tacoma WA
kitsch wrote:
low-gain wrote:

i'll PM you my order info asap

quoted and forwarded to the missus!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Bahahahahahha BUSTED!

Liverpool, UK

http://8bc.org/images/calmdownkidder/Ultimate+DMG+Mod/

philly

Nex, that looks ridiculous. Stellar work!

low-gain wrote:

lovely... but will all these mods be able to help people make better music?

why can't someone develope a real "pro mod"

"this mod will make you a pro!"

(this is not directed at you NeX,love the work that you're doing, but at the entire forum)
i'm all for the case mods.. but seriously people.. work on raising the bar for musical ability and quality of music. Dont get cought up in making your hardware look cool before your music is cool. It will only make you look like a complete idiot on stage.

Does this need to be said? I think we all know that no mod can help anyone become a better musician. Not directly, at least. But cool looking mods or not, people will make the music they make. It really makes no difference, at all. I don't see why someone should worry about raising the bar for their music if their goal was to construct an awesome game boy...?

As far as worrying about people making themselves look like idiots onstage is concerned, I think you're worrying about a worst-case scenario that isn't really an issue. I can't say I've been to chip shows where it's all been about showing off gear at the expense of decent music.

Last edited by bucky (Aug 30, 2010 3:37 am)

Minneapolis

I for one applaud NeX for his hard work on this. It's quite stunning how much effort he's put into his work, and it's generally quite nice. Now, I understand there are some people disgruntled by the idea that NeX's work is being used/abused as a showcase for an upcoming Nonfinite project, but despite this I think his modding technique is pretty dang good.

Wheeling, WV
arfink wrote:

Now, I understand there are some people disgruntled by the idea that NeX's work is being used/abused as a showcase for an upcoming Nonfinite project

Not quite.

matt's mind
arfink wrote:

I think his modding technique is pretty dang good.

the utilization of space is very well thought out for sure.  you've got a good mind for 3D placement NeX smile

arfink wrote:

I for one applaud NeX for his hard work on this. It's quite stunning how much effort he's put into his work, and it's generally quite nice. Now, I understand there are some people disgruntled by the idea that NeX's work is being used/abused as a showcase for an upcoming Nonfinite project, but despite this I think his modding technique is pretty dang good.

thanks everyone for the kind words i am glad you like my gameboy. i personally am very bad at making music, i prefer to make electronics, i was always told "stick to what you're best at" so i am pushing the limits of gameboys rather than music,

arfink, i am using this gameboy to promote Nonfinite's new product, but not because i want to cause kitsch to loose any customers, but purely because the Nonfinite team sent me a free backlight, and asked me to see what i could make it do. so in return i am making it aware that i wouldn't have even started this gameboy if they hadn't done that and i am greatful,

either way i hope people are inspired to start using RGB backlights, and although it wont make your music better its all good fun smile