kitsch wrote:

you've got a good mind for 3D placement NeX smile

thanks big_smile it helps me park the car lol

and actually, i want to say THANKS to Kitsch, the clear buttons in this gameboy are from the clear sets you sold maybe a year ago now? the really really high quality sets, they were worth every penny!

Last edited by NeX (Aug 30, 2010 6:12 am)

matt's mind

yeah, a much different production method then, and a nicer product, but a not-so-great pricetag...

its cool !!! you've still got a set still...  those seem like ancient history to me now.  feels like tons happened since then...

crazy...

kitsch wrote:

yeah, a much different production method then, and a nicer product, but a not-so-great pricetag...

its cool !!! you've still got a set still...  those seem like ancient history to me now.  feels like tons happened since then...

crazy...

mad isn't it, very long time ago, tho if you do consider doing another set i will still buy them because they were actually perfect

Leuven, Bellagium

He is not only a mad modder, but also a nice guy! I say this Gameboy is A-OK!

Although it won't let you write 'better' tunes, it still FLASHES for God's sake!

DISmantle87 wrote:

He is not only a mad modder, but also a nice guy!

thanks big_smile

You are, and shall continue to be, for the foreseeable future, the king of modders. Keep it up. That's pretty sweet that you got commissioned like that too! Free stuff is always nice.

Zef wrote:

You are, and shall continue to be, for the foreseeable future, the king of modders. Keep it up. That's pretty sweet that you got commissioned like that too! Free stuff is always nice.

haha, well i don't think i can top this one, there really isn't anything else left to put in it!

yea i love free stuff, *hint*

Wheeling, WV
NeX wrote:
arfink wrote:

I for one applaud NeX for his hard work on this. It's quite stunning how much effort he's put into his work, and it's generally quite nice. Now, I understand there are some people disgruntled by the idea that NeX's work is being used/abused as a showcase for an upcoming Nonfinite project, but despite this I think his modding technique is pretty dang good.

thanks everyone for the kind words i am glad you like my gameboy. i personally am very bad at making music, i prefer to make electronics, i was always told "stick to what you're best at" so i am pushing the limits of gameboys rather than music,

arfink, i am using this gameboy to promote Nonfinite's new product, but not because i want to cause kitsch to loose any customers, but purely because the Nonfinite team sent me a free backlight, and asked me to see what i could make it do. so in return i am making it aware that i wouldn't have even started this gameboy if they hadn't done that and i am greatful,

either way i hope people are inspired to start using RGB backlights, and although it wont make your music better its all good fun smile

This is the last time I want to see "kitsch" and "loose" in the same sentence.

NeX wrote:
Zef wrote:

haha, well i don't think i can top this one, there really isn't anything else left to put in it!

Don't think you can top it? Of course you can! Here's how:
Wait for it...
Gameboy Food Processor/Blender mod!
A for Frappe, B for Puree! They'll sell like hotcakes!

Last edited by Zef (Aug 30, 2010 8:39 pm)

Zef wrote:
NeX wrote:

Don't think you can top it? Of course you can! Here's how:
Wait for it...
Gameboy Food Processor/Blender mod!
A for Frappe, B for Puree! They'll sell like hotcakes!

i like it! give me a few days i will try and integrate a food processor into the gameboy!

Tacoma WA

maybe jumper cables so it can jump start a car?

hardcore, Australia

ill take on with a flux capacitor.

clovis CA

an automatic cigarette/joint roller? wink those would sell like hot cakes with maple syrup xD

Last edited by Alley Beach (Aug 31, 2010 5:17 am)

guys seriously, if you want something that does all that then just buy an iPhone!

matt's mind
NeX wrote:

guys seriously, if you want something that does all that then just buy an iPhone!

just don't expect to be able to use it as a phone with good reception with at&t unless you live in a major metropolitan area.

they make great ipod touches though...

kitsch wrote:
NeX wrote:

just don't expect to be able to use it as a phone with good reception with at&t unless you live in a major metropolitan area.

they make great ipod touches though...

lol who ever heard of a smart phone that you can use of a phone???

i had a smart phone that stopped in the middle of a call, when i looked at the screen it said "error in phone.app"