rochester, ny

i was just looking around the wiki and saw this page -

http://wiki.littlesounddj.com/SavStructure

i was wondering if there's a program that exists that would allow me to open a sav file, and view the info in it. any suggestions?

Sweeeeeeden

Yes, it is called Little Sound Dj.

On a more serious note, I've been pondering making such a program, but as with so many other ideas I have, I've never gotten to it. What is it that you want to achieve?

rochester, ny
nitro2k01 wrote:

Yes, it is called Little Sound Dj.

haha, touche!

nitro2k01 wrote:

On a more serious note, I've been pondering making such a program, but as with so many other ideas I have, I've never gotten to it. What is it that you want to achieve?

i don't really know what i want to achieve. if i knew how to view the information in a sav file, then maybe i could write up a little script where i could extract instruments from one sav file and then save them as individual files. then write another script that would add the saved instruments to other sav files.

like, an instrument manager.

or not even that specifically. if i could view the info, then maybe i could do other stuff LIKE that. anyways, im just curious to look at it.

Sweeeeeeden

Begin by looking at a sav file in a hex editor and look at the specification. You probably won't be able to read the file naturally, but in time you'll notice patterns, such as seeing what kind of data you're looking at. (Groove data has a distinct look, for example. Phonem names are written in ASCII. And so on.) That's how I became a wizard.

rochester, ny
nitro2k01 wrote:

Begin by looking at a sav file in a hex editor and look at the specification. You probably won't be able to read the file naturally, but in time you'll notice patterns, such as seeing what kind of data you're looking at. (Groove data has a distinct look, for example. Phonem names are written in ASCII. And so on.) That's how I became a wizard.

im looking at a SAV in HexEdit right now.

http://hexedit.sourceforge.net/

this is almost exactly what i was looking for. thanks a lot.

i can use that page on the wiki as a guide. this is cool.

Geneva, NY

I still think someone should write a song merger tool.  I think it's totally doable and would come in handy for transitioning songs for realz. Do it, Nick!

rochester, ny
bleo wrote:

I still think someone should write a song merger tool.  I think it's totally doable and would come in handy for transitioning songs for realz. Do it, Nick!

haha, i've got a ways to go before i could do anything like that. but yeah, that would be cool!

sweden
bleo wrote:

^ This! This and this and forever this!