Russia, Moscow

If I understood you correctly, the volume column does exactly the same.

Last edited by Shiru (Sep 7, 2010 9:33 am)

Sweden

It does, but most of the time when I come to make changes to the mix, I've already filled that with echoes, little ornaments and fade-outs. Sure, I could use the volume scale tool on every pattern in the song accordingly, but it's bulky and destructive.

Maybe it could be implemented as a second (hidden, like the effects tracks) volume column? The output volume of the track would then be vol1 * vol2.

Russia, Moscow

It would require format change. I don't want any major changes in the project, I only want to finish it, finally (fix the export bug, add some minor things), and forget about it. So this feature have to wait indefinitely for another project.

Melbourne

Thanks boomlinde! I'll give it a go recording the vanilla md1 and see how it sounds.

Unsubscribe

is there any good zip collections of tfc files?

Brazil

Just wanted to share that dingux emulation of genesis sound is actually very good. I'm gonna do some experiments on it later.

Sweden
herr_prof wrote:

is there any good zip collections of tfc files?

I would make one from the song collection included with the program, but apparently "tfmaker -tfd" doesn't work on a path within quotation marks

For example, it will work on

tfmaker -tfd test.tfe

But not on

tfmaker -tfd "test.tfe"

and then of course not on a path like

tfmaker -tfd "c:\program files\tfm14\songs\test.tfe" (a case where the path HAS to be quoted)

In those cases it just says "File '-tfd' not found"

So my batch processing program won't work sad

Last edited by boomlinde (Sep 17, 2010 11:28 am)

New York City

Call me a noob if you wish so: I cannot find ANY option to make a TFC file, only TFD. I want to play mah tunes on a real Sega.

Russia, Moscow

Export TFD, use tfmcom.exe, it is in /replayers/.

New York City

Shiru, I tried that but executing tfmcom.exe gives an error. I'm running Win XP.

Russia, Moscow

It works under XP.

New York City

Well man, I am running XP and it crashed. I tried to copy the crash report but it doesn't let me. How can I forward this problem to you?

Russia, Moscow

It works for a lot of people for years, so obviously the problem is that you doing something wrong. I only can provide help (maybe) if you provide a detailed explaination what you doing and what is wrong. I can't answer anything meaningful to 'gives an error'.

Take a screenshot, for example.

New York City

I would appreciate it if you didn't assume it is my fault this isn' t working. I am not a retard and know how to use a command line and there is no complication in typing a command and an argument. It could be that my specific configuration is giving a problem but you cannot say it is *my* fault because I didn' t do but execute the program. Also, the manual does not give any example on how to use tfmconv. I can only GUESS and I won' t get anywhere if I can' t summon the command in any shape and form without it crashing.

As I said, I tried to paste here the Windows crash report but Windows does not let me copy the text it gives out. Here's a screenshot with SOME of the text it spurts out.

Last edited by akira^8GB (May 24, 2011 3:02 pm)

Russia, Moscow

First, I'm not author of TFMCOM, TFC format, and it is not part of TFM MM. It is included just because it could be useful and it is not easy to find.

Second, you wrote a lot of text but still haven't provided 'detailed explaination what you doing'. Your screenshot does not show an important part, the command line, and my only guesses so far are you either run it without parameters (it crashes in this case indeed), or trying to convert not a TFD file (result depends from a file, may be hang or crash).

New York City

You are tremendously mean without justification while I was being polite all throughout my questions.

If you are not responsible for a software you bundle with your software, then don't bundle it, or take the necessary effort to include that software's original documentation too so people don't bother you with questions about it.

Your manual does not give a commandline example. How am I suppsoed to know what the parameters are??? Crashing like this when no parameters are given are a major design fail. It should give a VERBOSE error instead. You did not write this, fair enough, so you should perhaps include the tfmconv documentation too because this makes no sense. I trieddifferent parameters but all gave a crash.

You need to step back and treat people better when they ask you questions. I was in no way rude and I am in no way an ignorant.

Last edited by akira^8GB (May 24, 2011 4:57 pm)