For those who don't know me, I am a active member on 8bc! smile

So you read the title, and your probably wondering what in the world is this!

Well I though of this crazy idea while I was learning how to data bend pictures, when I changed my original .jpg file into a .raw file in Photoshop and then I took it into Audacity and played it just to see what type of sound would come out.

When I played it, it came out with this sick noise/groove styled thing something like Tom (Henry Homesweet ) would use! So I though about possibly adding drum samples, getting more raw files to add to the mix, even adding some LSDJ, Nanoloop, Famitracker or whatever melody's to it.

So I'm asking if anyone would actually be interested in doing this or is this just some lame idea of mine. If you would like to learn more about it post a message

Thanks!

More INFO below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEY: # = FINISHED @ = Not finished

Artist so far that are participating!

-VMK - #
-Subterrestrial - #
-Sukie - @
-Russolo - @
-The Raytownian - #
-Codice! - #
-Nestrogen - @
-TmTgr - @
-the mist toggles - #

Last edited by Codice! (Sep 11, 2010 9:43 pm)

USA

Codice! - I like your idea.

If you like horrible noises you might want to check this out.

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl … amp;id=703

It is a terrible sounding VSTi but it lets you use your own pictures to make noise.

You have to open the VSTi in a VST-host application like Minihost. Then drag/drop you own images into it to replace the default pictures.

Codice! wrote:

sad

venezuela ccs

.RAW not is the only technique to create glitchy sounds. For years the IDM and Noise scene use them.

Maybe a "Glitch compiltation" or "Noise compilation" its a better  title!

Milwaukee, WI
Codice! wrote:

When I played it, it came out with this sick noise/groove styled thing something like Tom (Henry Homesweet ) would use!

even adding some LSDJ, Nanoloop

Couldn't resist!

I like chipmusic.org because of the less trollness
but I like 8bc.org because of the trollness big_smile tongue

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Fuck

Melbourne, Australia
Reteris wrote:

Fuck

Really?

Also on-topic, this sounds great smile

Reteris wrote:

Fuck

lolwut

anybody know a free vst host for mac so i could try that vst plug in out ? or any other way to do glitchy sounds?

The Hollow Earth
technofrosty wrote:

anybody know a free vst host for mac so i could try that vst plug in out ? or any other way to do glitchy sounds?

If you have Abelton, you could probably run the VST. Otherwise, if you're on a Mac just download Audacity (free!) and once it's installed and loaded, under the Projects menu select Import Raw. Use this to import any image files (uncompressed formats offer more variety IMHO) and try experimenting with importing under different headers for different results. Have fun! smile

Thanks Subterrestrial for helping him! smile

My song is almost finished!

Melbourne, Australia

I'd like to do a track for this. Is 10 minutes of horrible noise ok?

Sure! smile

Bump