rochester, ny
bleo wrote:

Oh man!  Most of the white hair on my head is all thanks to MIDINES.  Stuck notes FTL!

seriously! i never totally got the hang of my midi nes, and now i've traded it for a guitar amp.

bleo wrote:

We gotta jam for realz sometime, Nick!

yeah man! or at least play a show sometime.

ad-hell-aide
trash80 wrote:

my lsdjmc2 never really worked well

I had a problem with lsdjmc2. My one was always *exactly* 99.99% in sync. So I had to make a Max/MSP patch between, say, Ableton and the lsdjmc2 that compensates for the 0.001%.

hardcore, Australia

Isn't that why it had the buttons to creep it forward or back on the clock?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Ableton has issues syncing midi clock. it always has.. since day one. it's always needed minor adjustment

Chicago IL
trash80 wrote:

Really there is no excuse for users not to learn a bit and start hacking away. It's not like I went to college to learn this stuff- It can be done.

i'm kinda dumb though

Tacoma WA
Saskrotch wrote:
trash80 wrote:

Really there is no excuse for users not to learn a bit and start hacking away. It's not like I went to college to learn this stuff- It can be done.

i'm kinda dumb though

ditto

Los Angeles
low-gain wrote:

Ableton has issues syncing midi clock. it always has.. since day one. it's always needed minor adjustment

i love you logan but I call bullshit. I've been using Ableton since day one and I'm using sync now. Perfectly fine. MY old ninja sync cable worked great, no "knotching" needed (which really im guessing is just a sync byte skip routine for the minus and a add a fake sync byte for the plus) ... Which is why I built the Aboy, i knew there was a better solution than my lsdjmc2 ... By the way I should mention that my LSDJMC2 was the original firestarter one and not the one by logan.

ad-hell-aide

I've never had Ableton syncing issues outside of the context of the LSDJMC2 (once again, a Firestarter one, not a Low-Gain made one).

rochester, ny
trash80 wrote:
low-gain wrote:

i love you logan but I call bullshit. I've been using Ableton since day one and I'm using sync now. Perfectly fine. MY old ninja sync cable worked great, no "knotching" needed (which really im guessing is just a sync byte skip routine for the minus and a add a fake sync byte for the plus) ... Which is why I built the Aboy, i knew there was a better solution than my lsdjmc2 ... By the way I should mention that my LSDJMC2 was the original firestarter one and not the one by logan.

yeah, i never really had any problems syncing with ableton either. i would use an arduinoboy and a midi nes together and i never noticed anything not playing accurately.

Robotcity, the year 20XX

Sorry for bumping this, but I am just wondering:

The only thing I want to do is launch ableton clips while lsdj is running and launch lsdj while ableton clips are running.

Is it possible? And what do I need? I was searching the forum but could not find an answer. This seemed the appropriate thread.

And yes, I know, human syncing is possible, but syncing ableton and lsdj live by ear is a bitch.