Milwaukee, WI

Radiograffiti presents:

RGV-005
Dispyz - "Datarunner E.P."

Radiograffiti release page: http://www.radiograffiti.org/dispyz-datarunner-e-p

A. Datarunner
B. 4.1.4.

Next in Radiograffiti's release queue comes the very uncompromising final output from Tyler St Clair's Dispyz project, the "Datarunner E.P."

This release has something of a storied history, not because it pays homage to the early 80's Milwaukee hacker crew the 414's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_414s), but because of the incredible amount of adversity we had to face to make this release possible. Fucked-up tests, strikes by nickle miners in Canada, plating costs being raised by 300%, labels melting on the pressing machines, release parties being cancelled...you name it.

Some call it persistence, we call it stupidity. We stuck with it and it's finally here, for better or worse.

Was it worth it? Well, if you think the world needed a limited, translucent green, lo-fi, Amigacore vinyl dedicated to the golden age of computer hacking like we did then yes, it was certainly worth the migraines and monetary loss.

Here's what's included:

- Translucent green 7"
- Black skull logo sticker (while supplies last)
- Large tracker logo sticker (also used for upcoming t-shirt design, more info on this soon.)
- Download credit for your preferred file format of the Datarunner E.P. via the dispyz Bandcamp profile

The bandcamp download also includes a bonus .torrent file containing the .mod version of Datarunner (featured in the homebrew Amiga Tracker Hero game), the 7"/Octamed Soundstudio version of Datarunner, and a few extra samples of synths, breaks and dialogue to pass along for use on the Amiga line of computers. For those who are interested, one of the sample folders contains all samples from "We Came To Overtake". Go nuts.

Vic 20s mashed with Run DMC?
Metal breakdowns by way of squarewaves?
Gangsta rap chopped over screaming rave synths?
Yeah, this shit is real. It's been a good 15 years dispyz. R.I.P.

http://www.radiograffiti.org/dispyz-datarunner-e-p/

Last edited by RG (Oct 5, 2010 5:10 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Ordered.
That is one seriously complete and well presented package, bravo!

Liverpool, UK

Congratulations - your payment was sent.

Milwaukee, WI

Thanks guys!

I should probably mention that this release is next in the queue:

http://www.radiograffiti.org/ccdm-7-of-doom/

Let's keep this release a little higher on the release page, eh?

hardcore, Australia

I need this.

Abandoned on Fire

So good.  Even the somewhat crappy Bandcamp stream kicks major ass!  Can't wait to play the record at full power.  smile

EDIT:  Where else do you publicize your releases?  This thread is the only mention of it I've seen so far...

Last edited by egr (Sep 9, 2010 2:14 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

Well today was the day for board/store/press contact and follow-up emails, yesterday was post office and email day. Things will surface in due time.

A few mentions/write-ups were in the works but sometimes these things take a little longer to work themselves out. If you meant other chip-based boards..we have yet to get to those, this one is the only one that matters anyway. big_smile

Again, thanks guys. Sometimes the harder lo-fi 8bit stuff is a tough one to get behind, but we absolutely love it (when done right). There are plenty more releases in the queue and every single penny made from our current releases go toward future releases, some of which I know you'll all pee yourselves over..I promise.

Melbourne, Australia

LOVE. LIFE.

Milwaukee, WI

Yeah, man. Some people have mentioned that they are buying copies *just* for the sticker alone, which is totally badass. I however forgot to actually post said sticker here.

BOW DOWN. THIS IS THE NEW COOL.

The upcoming tshirts will be based around this design and we *should* have a final version within 3 weeks.

Abandoned on Fire

So ready for that shirt.

Abandoned on Fire

Got mine today and spent the last 10 minutes thinking I was either still drunk or crazy.  tongue  Unfortunately this means I have to pull out a non-automatic turntable in order to hear it properly...

Killer package all the way tho!  A++  Will buy from again!!!

Milwaukee, WI

Buttons are now gone, as are the white logo stickers included with the Raverblood E.P.

New distribution to announce soon.

hardcore, Australia

Arrived yesterday, gave it a good listen. FUCKING AMAZING WORK

Milwaukee, WI

Thanks! This means a lot considering the amount of work put into what people may think is just a bunch of noise.

You know, if anyone on here *really* wants to help, it would help a great deal if people told a friend about it. We're not having trouble, it's doing better than the last, but it really seems as though our releases are largely ignored in favor of the same old bullshit. Whatever that means. Whoever that is.

To the rest: stick around if this electronic, lo-fi hardcore stuff isn't your thing. We've got more on the way.

Thanks again.

Milwaukee, WI

Erm, and no that was not directed toward any of the other releases (great or otherwise) in the releases section.

Just sayin'.