Westfield, NJ

EDIT: IT'S HERE!

Hello all,

As you might know, I've made a few tracks with Warioware DIY, some of which you can hear on this site: Side Quest, Feeding Time Is Over. I also made this video on using Warioware DIY's Record-Maker-Matic. I'd like to see more people making music with the Record-Maker-Matic, so I figured a compilation would be a great way to get everyone in gear! So here's the rub:

Label: Dual Mode Records
Title: MEGA micromusic

Rules:

- One track per artist
- Each track must be at least 1 minute long
- Pure Warioware DIY, do not combine with anything else and do not post process (see exception below)*
- You must send me a WAV. You can use my Soundcloud dropbox or your favorite file sharing site (or if it's less than 20 MB, email it to me). Email me at contact [at] mappdev [dot] com once you have a track uploaded
- Deadline is Nov. 14, or as soon as I get 8 entries!

Advice:

The style of music is completely up to you. You are not obligated to use retro instruments or create something that sounds 8bit. Remember to tweak volume levels and panning per-instrument to get the best possible sound. You are free to import patterns from other records as long as the final track is your own original work (or your own remix). Unless you are submitting a song you've already uploaded, please do not upload your song to 8bc before the release is out.

* post-processing exception: the in-game record player makes noises when you hit buttons, like play/stop/etc. This is annoying to say the least. One way to avoid having this sound in the beginning and end of your song is to have some quiet space in the first and last pattern (the entire pattern could be empty). You are then allowed to delete these from the final WAV. You are also allowed to fade in the intro and fade out the ending. That's it!

I will be curating all tracks and promoting this comp through various outlets. If you would like to take a stab at the cover art, contact me via the above address, otherwise I'll be doing it. Post in this thread if you plan to submit a track.

Artists in so far:

- Decktonic [accepted]
- Peach [accepted]
- T.M.HECTOR [accepted]
- El Huesudo II [accepted]
- Sergio [accepted]
- mathgrant [accepted]
- Bamboori [accepted]

Last edited by Decktonic (Nov 17, 2010 11:56 am)

Westfield, NJ

BUMP!

Westfield, NJ

Got some new peepz on board and one track is already in!

Westfield, NJ

BUMP! Still looking for more contributors!

I'd love to take a stab at this, sure. Just one tiny question: Adding live sound effects from the in-game record player that can't be achieved on the track editor (such as adding a one-two-three-four count at the beginning or stuff like that) counts as post-processing?

Westfield, NJ
El Huesudo II wrote:

Just one tiny question: Adding live sound effects from the in-game record player that can't be achieved on the track editor (such as adding a one-two-three-four count at the beginning or stuff like that) counts as post-processing?

No, of course not! Post-processing means things you do outside of Warioware DIY.

Westfield, NJ

Bump! Just got another track in. Anyone else interested in participating?

astral cat

i'm going to have to shove this on my acekard 2i do enough of the game to get to the program and then practice and then record... lol. unless i find a cheap enough copy!

Westfield, NJ
an-cat-max wrote:

i'm going to have to shove this on my acekard 2i do enough of the game to get to the program and then practice and then record... lol. unless i find a cheap enough copy!

Whatever it takes man, whatever it takes!

I got a (rather rushed) track I'm recording right now. I hope I can upload it in time!

EDIT: Can't upload from work, I'll have to find some other place to try it out...

Last edited by El Huesudo II (Oct 29, 2010 4:06 pm)

Westfield, NJ

OK well don't rush it... I'm gonna extend the deadline a couple weeks so you can spend more time on it if you need to.

Oh no, the track is finished (sort of, it's more of I've done all I can with it lol), it's just that I've always had trouble uploading files to the Web. But I think I'll manage.

Westfield, NJ

well remember that there's nothing easier than using either my Soundcloud dropbox or drop.io!

Westfield, NJ

Hey guys, I just got another great track from mathgrant! I have to say, the songs I've received are infinitely better than anything I've done with DIY... this comp is gonna do DIY so much justice.

Westfield, NJ

Deadline is in 4 days, and this time I won't be extending it! Also El Huesudo, if you are still having trouble, we can try a Wifi transfer... just let me know.

Bonus: here's the cover art!

I really like that cover art. I look forward to hearing what tracks others have made for this!