Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm not jumping in right away and saying that I'm going to be making a whole magazine, but I'm quite interested in doing a quarterly or yearly english language magazine about chip music.

Of course I couldn't do it myself so I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in writing articles, doing designs, layouts, etc.

The magazine would likely be self-published or published through a print to order website, since I doubt there's a huge market for such a specialty magazine, but we'd cross that bridge when we got to it.  It would also be released as a PDF and an ePub for people to read on their computers and ereaders and whatnot.

If anyone is interested in helping out or has any suggestions or criticisms about it, please discuss those (in a friendly way) here.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Sep 11, 2010 7:04 pm)

matt's mind

if you need any help with distro, let me know.  we are already set up for something like that, if you decide to go that route (:

good idea!  a zine would be fun for this scene.  non-digital would be harder, but still fun. big_smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, that's why I'm looking to do quarterly or yearly.

I'd start with a one shot special edition.  If there's interest in that, then we move from there.  But yeah, distrobution would be nice and you're clearly already keyed in to the right demographic.  If it happens, I'll be sure to get you involved in that way.

Leuven, Bellagium

If this gets published, you'll have a subscriber from Belgium! WORD!

Milwaukee, WI

I'd be up for writing articles should the opportunity arise. smile

I'd be willing to help out.

I could write for it, though I have zero experience writing for any publications.  I could write concert & album reviews, or little experiments in chip theory & culture.

print version would be more difficult but also way more rad.

San Antonio, Texas

This could be awesome

You should talk the people at chiptography about getting some exclusive photos of performers.

Liverpool, UK

bagsy agony aunt

Anahiem, CA

Very Intresting concept. I would love to help in any way possible.

Melbourne, Australia
rallyj wrote:

You can be the editor heart

Wellington, NZ

blog?

Anahiem, CA
Derris-Kharlan wrote:
rallyj wrote:

You can be the editor heart

Well as a full time student and a girlfriend, I could do what I can, but don't expect complete quality everytime. smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

My girlfriend is a full time student and a girlfriend and she'll be helping.

brighton, uk

english language audio-visual magazine.

Anahiem, CA
jefftheworld wrote:

My girlfriend is a full time student and a girlfriend and she'll be helping.

touché jeff, touché.

I'm down to be one of the MANY editors, because we will have a lot of editors...right?