Offline
Indiana

Hey all,

Was wondering if anybody has had a weird experience ordering from Kitsch-Bent, lately?

I ordered a gb-303 after his latest restock, and I haven't gotten any kind of shipping notification or anything since I paid 3 weeks ago. Sent him a couple emails, but haven't heard anything.

I'm never had a problem buying from him before, and he seems like a cool dude. Hoping one of you might know if something's been up?

Offline
Abandoned On Fire

Maybe try Instagram or Facebook message? I've been completely off social media lately so I don't know if he's active or not tho.

Offline
Indiana

hmm, he refunded me shortly after this without a message or anything? good on him I guess, but hope everything is ok.

if anybody's looking to sell a gb-303, hit me up!

Offline
Milwaukee, WI

Not sure, but the last time I ordered there was a christian prayer card included.

I wasn't sure if this was his way of telling me I needed Jesus in my life or if this was now standard practice. Maybe it was sarcasm? big_smile

Did anyone else experience this?

Offline

Man he nailed that!  You DO need Jesus in your life big_smile

Offline
IL, US
TSC wrote:

Not sure, but the last time I ordered there was a christian prayer card included.

I wasn't sure if this was his way of telling me I needed Jesus in my life or if this was now standard practice. Maybe it was sarcasm? big_smile

Did anyone else experience this?

well that's super off-putting, to say the least. i'd never order from a company that does that

Offline
Milwaukee, WI
e.s.c. wrote:
TSC wrote:

Not sure, but the last time I ordered there was a christian prayer card included.

I wasn't sure if this was his way of telling me I needed Jesus in my life or if this was now standard practice. Maybe it was sarcasm? big_smile

Did anyone else experience this?

well that's super off-putting, to say the least. i'd never order from a company that does that

I haven't ordered since. This was about three or four years ago.

Offline
Milwaukee, WI
DSC wrote:

Man he nailed that!  You DO need Jesus in your life big_smile

Believe me when I say you don't want to open these doors.

Offline
IL, US
TSC wrote:
DSC wrote:

Man he nailed that!  You DO need Jesus in your life big_smile

Believe me when I say you don't want to open these doors.

it's ok, they just mean you need at least one more Latino dude named Jesus in your circle of friends

Offline

Kitsch, if you're getting out of the game, can you transfer me apeshitmods.com if you have no intention of using it for apeshit mods? I miss it dearly.

Offline
Sea of Souls

You know this seems like a huge misunderstanding being blown out of proportion by speculation.
1. GB-303 has had production problems before. If a recall had to be made on the stock, then it may have interfered with orders.
2. The post loses packages on occasion, and Kitsch took responsibility for it once alerted to the problem. He had done so for an order of my own in the past.
3. Deliveries seem to be randomly packed with propaganda from a wide range of organizations including but not limited to stores, artists, musicians, stickers, shirtless men on horses, etc. If an insert was paid for by a religious organization, it does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Kitsch. Its no different than the My Pillow Guy showing up on Hulu. I don't use a pillow, therefore I hate Hulu. ... ?

Besides, life happens to most people. Deaths, breakups, vacations. I think someone like Kitsch with such an extensive track record of successful orders and happy customers deserves a bit of cred.

Offline
Milwaukee, WI

Who is blowing things out of proportion by speculation? I didn't see anything here coming even close to resembling that.

But since you mentioned it...

Re: religious propaganda in a package containing 8-bit hardware -  I've never had much of an issue with free stickers/download cards/etc, considering it's usually somewhat related to the items I'm purchasing. I've taken advantage of this opportunity with Kitsch Bent in the past by including free 7"s with packages, but therein is exactly why I take issue. It puts me in a difficult spot when the buyer who received a free 7" with their order at one point is now receiving religious propaganda.

I understand that I cannot control other people, and hell, people can do whatever the fuck they want. Do what you do. HOWEVER, just because you say some pillow thing was on some Hulu thing doesn't mean I shouldn't have a very justified stance when someone does something completely fucking braindead like includes a Jesus card when I just need some battery contacts.

Sorry for the hijack. Continue on.

Offline
Indiana
Orgia Mode wrote:

Besides, life happens to most people. Deaths, breakups, vacations. I think someone like Kitsch with such an extensive track record of successful orders and happy customers deserves a bit of cred.

Yes, definitely didn't mean to start a smear thread or anything of the sort.

I was just having trouble getting in communication with him; I had sent a few emails before this. I don't mind unexpected wait times for DIY hardware like this, but when it's a significant sum of money I just want to be kept in the loop, you know? I wasn't demanding a refund or anything in any emails - literally just asked for an ETA or update as to why it hadn't shipped yet. Either this thread or sending him a message through Paypal seems to have prompted the refund. It is just very odd to have that experience with a vendor with literally no communication throughout.

Like I said, I've only had good experiences buying from him before, which I why I thought it may have been a person event, etc..

Offline
Chicago IL
Orgia Mode wrote:

Its no different than the My Pillow Guy showing up on Hulu. I don't use a pillow, therefore I hate Hulu. ... ?

There's no way you can think this is an apt analogy

Offline
IL, US

while i generally am game for theological discussions & such, since this is resolved, i think i should close this.glad to hear Matt got you a refund at least. if anyone has a good reason to want this re-opened, PM me & we can discuss it