I've been looking for this for a while now, but I just can't seem to find the origin of the quote-like intro of Forget, by Sabrepulse.
Does anybody know if he made it himself or if it's from another person, and he just sampled it.

Excuses if this has been asked before, I looked through the forums for a while, but couldn't find anything that answered the question.

For those of you who want to know the full intro:

"An old story has it that as we go through life, we really don’t change, we just become more of the same. You look around you as the years go by and it seems a very valid premise. People don’t change. As a matter of fact, most of us resist change very strongly. Yet change is a sure thing. The only variable is rate. Slow we read as evolution, fast as revolution."

Greetings, Thibz

Michigan

ive actually been wondering this for a while too.

100 points to anyone who knows.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Why didn't you just message him? We are not Sabrepulse journalists.

rochester, ny
Reteris wrote:

i actually am.

astral cat
nickmaynard wrote:
Reteris wrote:

i actually am.

then you'll know the answer..

So, I've send a PM to Sabrepulse with the question in it.
Hopefully he gets the time to reply, if not, I'll have to harass him on his gig in Belgium big_smile

England

this guy might know. he has it posted on his myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/the_corb

Last edited by Jellica (Sep 18, 2010 8:10 am)

England

and he is like crazy sexy

England

i can only dream of having orange friends.

Sweeeeeeden

It comes from the book Ultimate Journey by Robert Monroe.

It is generally believed that as we go through life we don't really change. We just become more of the same. Bar- ring the usual exceptions that, as we say, prove the rule, when  we look around us as the years go by, this seems quite valid.  On the whole, people don' t change, and most of us strongly  resist change.

Nevertheless, all our worries and wars are based upon change. We fear that something will happen, or we fear that it  won't; so we fight to prevent change or to speed up the pro- cess. But whatever we do, change is 100 percent guaranteed.  The only question is its rate. Slow change we interpret as  evolution, fast as revolution. Changes are the epitome of Un- knowns—the greatest of fear generators.

See: http://www.theshiftofconsciousness.info … urney.html

Robert Monroe has been experiencing out-of-body experiences, and that's what the book is about. The version in Sabrepulse's song is a paraphrase, so it's likely from a lecture or an interview, rather than an audio book version. Judging from other clips, it could very well be his own voice.

I hope that's useful and that you can do without a link to the source of the audio clip.

You beat Sabrepulse to it.

Thanks a bunch!

Nearly 2 years later and I'm still listening to this quite a lot.

And guess what?

I've changed. Fast as revolution. Slow as evolution.

Savannah, Georgia

hate to kill your existentialism buzz, but fucking necrobump much?

Last edited by Aeros (Jun 13, 2012 10:38 pm)

You're very hostile, I've noticed. Just an observation.

Scotland

Not only is it Robert Monroe, but searching the exact quote you fucking used returns it as the second Google result. Learn to use a fucking search engine before you start asking other people to waste their time doing it.

TSSBAY01

you just lost your cursing privileges.