Anyone who has ever looked into SNES Music creation has heard of MML and usually Addmusic for the Super Mario World ROM hacking scene. Well, someone created a neat little Python script that will take your specially crafted IT module into an SPC with ADSR envelopes, noise generation, pitch modulation and so on. I've been using it quite a bit lately and I love it. Came out some time last year and it requires no knowledge of MML to use it, but it helps a tiny bit for some other types of effects, like tone portamento.

Link:
https://github.com/jyosh1/it2amk/releas … .1.0.1.zip

Example SPC files with ADSR envelope settings done in the instrument/filename boxes, echo and so on:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlnrfhatb8bws … x.zip?dl=0

They might have a small delay. This can be fixed by loading up the Super Mario World ROM it needs to convert music into an emulator )like SNES9x, ZSNES, etc.) and re-capture the SPC for it to trim the starting delay. Still, the ADSR envelopes allow for greater control without having to worry about the rather glitchy GAIN. I know that SNESMOD now has ADSR, but from the last time I looked at it, it was rather confusing on how to implement it and it was done on a per channel basis instead of per instrument. This might help. If you've used XMSNES, you can take the FIR filter values you used, either from an old copy of C700 or that you would craft on your own, and use them the same way here (just the FIR values, though).

Bope this helps folks looking for SNES music that can be tracked with ADSR and with all the effects one could need. If you need more info on noise and pitch mod, simply check the readme's IT2AMK comes with and it's example IT/SPC files to gain some understanding of how they work.

EDIT:
By the way, just like with XMSNES and SNESMOD, you have to use this in the command-line. It is rather easy though. After you add your IT to the Addmusic_list.txt, simply type:

it2amk name_of_module

Do not add .it at the end as it won't work properly. Just the file name without the extension. Hope that helps! Be sure to check out the it2amk_readme_files folder for all relevant info you'll need.

Last edited by djDarkX (Feb 13, 2019 6:02 am)

I have not managed to run it2amk with my own files, perform the operations step by step, test the files that were by default and if they worked.

To explain, I have been working with SNESMOD for years, I think that like others I would like to work with amk, but it is not the same to work a rastrador as with mml commands or MIDI editing.

According to the requirements, install Phyton 3.7, combine the folders of Addmusick with IT2AMK, I got the Lunar and the Rom to expand it to 2MB, all good but it does not work in my own files, and even it generates a simple sequence and it does not work either. Sometimes it manages to find my IT file (according to Addmusik_list) but it does not generate the spc file.

These are some examples of some arrangements worked with SNESMOD, one does not appreciate the noise and the other becomes annoying:
https://mega.nz/#!UYEgUYYY!vXpFVZQDxKWc … A9acrBY1UM

What would be necessary? Wait for a new improved version? Give up?

Burning Force I was able to convert without issue as soon as I shortened the name to bftu1-mdesp.it. The one for Chrono Cross, on the other hand, I am having trouble, even though it should be working, so I'll take a look at it by transferring all the samples to a new IT file and see if that doesn't help. Might have to do with the envelopes.

He has managed to convert some files (finally).

Now the question is how to insert the "#optimized" command to obtain space in the ARAM, this to be used extensively in other Chrono Cross fixes.