Ciudad de méxico, MX

So, guys. I'm in bed really sick. for a couple of days more unfortunately. But i've decided to make this an interesting composing challenge for myself.

I'm making an open call, if anyone wants to challenge me to write something.

Let's see how this turn out...

an-cat-max wrote:

i challenge Anal OG to write a song that is the exact opposite of a chipzel song. smile

Last edited by Analog (Sep 18, 2010 4:56 pm)

Carbondale, IL

Will you accept requests for covers, or are covers not challenging enough for you?

Ciudad de méxico, MX

I'll prefer absolutely original compositions, maybe if you have some interesting proposal just pop it out!

I challenge you to write an OST for the movie Earthlings.

The Mountains

- USING EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CHIP AND MUSIC EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE IN YOUR DISEASE-INFESTED ROOM, YOU ARE TO WRITE ME A POP SONG

- IT MUST BE AT OR AROUND 3 MINUTES AND 20 SECONDS, NO LONGER THAN 4 MINUTES.

- YOU ARE TO USE EVERY AVAILABLE CHANNEL ON EVERY CHIP YOU HAVE

- YOU ARE TO USE EVERY STRING ON EVERY STRINGED INSTRUMENT YOU HAVE

- YOU ARE TO LAYER 3 TRACKS OF YOUR VOICE (at some point in the song, you don't have to sing (or "sing") and it doesn't have to be throughout, but at some point you must have 3 simultaneous vocal tracks going)

- IF YOU HAVE NO VOICE, IT WILL BE FUNNY

- IF YOU HAVE DIARRHEA, YOU MUST SAMPLE YOURSELF POOPING

*OR*

- IF IT IS A RUNNY NOSE YOU HAVE, YOU ARE TO SAMPLE YOURSELF BLOWING YOUR NOSE

- EXTRA POINTS ARE AWARDED IF I HUM YOUR CHORUS MELODY IN THE SHOWER/BROTHEL

THE CHALLENGE IS SET

YOU ARE TO FINISH IT BEFORE YOU GET WELL

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Ok, i'll start with the rainbowdragoneyes stuff.

so, intro - verse - chorus - verse - chorus - bridge - chorus - outro

the workaround will be then:

3 dmg's running LSDJ

one atari 800xl running Music pro tracker. (Hard one, really noisy an out of tune. gotta figure out this one pretty well.)

one laptop opl3 compatible, running Reality adlib tracker with 9 channels avaliable. with extra waveforms  thanks to some clever hack founded in soundshock forums.

the 3 layers of voice would be a pain, maybe tomorrow i have voice.

6 string electric guitar

4 string electric bass

thanks  everyone! keep the ideas comin'!

Last edited by Analog (Sep 17, 2010 7:52 pm)

The Mountains

BRUTAL

Carbondale, IL
Rainbowdragoneyes wrote:

- USING EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CHIP AND MUSIC EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE IN YOUR DISEASE-INFESTED ROOM, YOU ARE TO WRITE ME A POP SONG

- IT MUST BE AT OR AROUND 3 MINUTES AND 20 SECONDS, NO LONGER THAN 4 MINUTES.

- YOU ARE TO USE EVERY AVAILABLE CHANNEL ON EVERY CHIP YOU HAVE

- YOU ARE TO USE EVERY STRING ON EVERY STRINGED INSTRUMENT YOU HAVE

- YOU ARE TO LAYER 3 TRACKS OF YOUR VOICE (at some point in the song, you don't have to sing (or "sing") and it doesn't have to be throughout, but at some point you must have 3 simultaneous vocal tracks going)

- IF YOU HAVE NO VOICE, IT WILL BE FUNNY

- IF YOU HAVE DIARRHEA, YOU MUST SAMPLE YOURSELF POOPING

*OR*

- IF IT IS A RUNNY NOSE YOU HAVE, YOU ARE TO SAMPLE YOURSELF BLOWING YOUR NOSE

- EXTRA POINTS ARE AWARDED IF I HUM YOUR CHORUS MELODY IN THE SHOWER/BROTHEL

THE CHALLENGE IS SET

YOU ARE TO FINISH IT BEFORE YOU GET WELL

I'll admit, that is a lot more challenging than the cover of "Keep it Dark" I was thinking of suggesting.

Philly, PA, USA

that's amazing, can't wait to hear this

Ciudad de méxico, MX

it's coming along nicely.

I'm kinda cheating, 'cause i'm making a major arrangement in some music sheet program. Then i'll arrange it on the chips. I've figured out how to make every piece of chip stand on it own instead of just doubling some cheese pop line. i'm getting better of the flu slowly, so this has to get done. still 3 more days of holidays, hoping to get healthy and with this challenge solved.

The Mountains
Analog wrote:

it's coming along nicely.

I'm kinda cheating, 'cause i'm making a major arrangement in some music sheet program.

This is not cheating, this is winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mountains

WHERES IT AT

Ciudad de méxico, MX

hey, haven't been active online lately. a lots of stuff to do, bad timing since i've started the sickness catching up the delayed work on other music tongue.

I need to get this ASAP. i'm 40% on the arrangement. I hate to leave things like this, specially an interesting challenge for a change.

give me 48 hrs. then you'll have to make ambient. OH LORD.

Milwaukee, WI

POKEY house music...