London, UK

I need to start experimenting with this I think... as still can't decide the best way to use a DMG live in a hybrid setup with loads of other gear, and I feel like this gives both the biggest sound pallette and the option to use 4 channels....

but.. does anyone know:

is the right version of LSDJ to do so  just the one with "Arduinoboy" written on the end of the file?
So the most recent is 5.9.9?

Last edited by Duck (Apr 2, 2019 11:31 am)

Brittany

Do you have a reason to use arduinoboy?

For an hybrid LSDJ-other-electronic-things, the simple way is to use sync (analog or midi sync). It's simple and it works well. You can find more infos in the 6.2 and 6.3 parts of the lsdj manual:
https://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/lates … _6_1_5.pdf

Unsubscribe
Duck wrote:

is the right version of LSDJ to do so  just the one with "Arduinoboy" written on the end of the file?
So the most recent is 5.9.9?

Thats correct.

Midi map is good if you are using LSDJ with a daw and want to trigger LSDJ chains like you do with ableton clips. Agreed that if you jsut want to sync, analog sync might be best for you.

London, UK

thanks!

And yeah, that is exactly what I want to experiment with really - I have a larger hybrid setup being involving ableton clips triggering a sequencer so that I can control which section of a tune plays on a few synths, one of which is a DMG. Until now I'd been using an arduinoboy to play individual instruments via MIDI, but that's a bit unreliable and limits you to one channel at a time.